Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tevii S480

Beans

Re: Tevii S480

SUPER!

I have used the adapter_nr option before and remember that I had to do some investigating before finding relevant modules and then having to hope they had the option implemented.

Regards to your freezes I have read about similar before and decided to wait with the upgrade to kernel 3.0. This in turn gives a little challenge with the s480 card.

Beans

Did you get the card to work under 10.04 or 10.10?

I had success under 11.04 but had problems with other cards. I want to go back to the version I can work with.

Cheers for your input

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Yes got it working in 10.04LTS and 10.10 and 11.04, with the s2-liplianin drivers but it kept breaking the mceuse remote, moving from Lirc to kernal based support.

I spent hours trying to get the Lirc to read /dev/lircd and playing with ir-keytable, in the end I tried 11.10 and all worked. Well I still need to research how to get my remote key map uploaded.

By the way no freezes yet, 2 frontends one on each Tevii adapter playing bbc news.
    I so do hope it was a bad kernal causing that..

How did you find the relative modules?

Beans

well been working a good part of the evening on the problem and godt it all to work... i am pleased with the tevii s480 card.

I got all my cards to boot and reboot with the allocated adapter numbers. My post above does work and I hope it does for you too.

finding the relevant module is a matter of following the bread-crumbs so to say.

1) dmesg -> a line noting the dw2102 attached to ds3000
    2) lsmod -> looking at all related modules
    3) modinfo <module name> -> check if the noted modules support the adapter_nr option

hope it helps

cheers

Beans
    Distro

No crash's/freezes tonight, so I guess the kernal update fixed that and the Tevii card is working ok but only time will tell.
    Thanks for the heads up on the modules, bread crumbs indeed!

My new Win TV nova turned up tonight, I going to leave it a few days, it all seems to working don't want to muddy the waters just yet.

This incarnation of our myth box have been trouble free for 2 years, the Tevii card and major upgrades has been stressful. You don't realize how much of a part of life it becomes until it stops working, we have all our music, photos and dvd's on it. Nearly 3Tb of stuff that you can't live without, apparently?

Thanks for your help.

Beans
    Distro

Bad news.
    Everything was working well last night, but this morning when I tried.
    Both Tevii cards have lost signal, took a while to get switch to one of the Nova's which works fine.

I need a way to prevent these cards dozing off, or at least a way to wake them up.

dvbshop-tv said i need to unload and reload the modules but that was after suspend
    I never turn off the Myth box and i don't use suspend?

Really annoying

Beans

Could it be something in your bios?

As my tevii s480 card is in a new system that I don't use I should be able to test the issue. E.g. leaving it turned on then notice if they work after X hours.

How many hours of "idling" do you think you had?

Cheers

Anothering thing I noticed is that seeing as the card actually is a USB hub hosting 2 usb dvb units it does not boot as fast at a pci based dvb tuner card.

Beans
    Distro

I stopped watching it last night at 1.30am then tried to watch again at 8.30am. it's still got no signal now at 11.30am, been using one of the Nova's for homes under the hammer.

I just switched to it again, first you get 0% signal-No Lock ,then 77% signal- partial Lock, then 80% signal-Lock but no picture just really low signal bit's flashing on the screen and bit's of audio then Myth errors out with frame buffer error.

This is the reply I got from dvbshop-tv ebay:-

Hello,

I doubt that an exchange to another PCIe card will help, as the Standby issue, especially in Linux is mainly based on handling from Mainboard.
    If PC goes to standby, it usually has to shut down the power to the PCIe bridge. Once it wakes up again, it should reproduce the power to the PCIe card and
    then re-initialize it, which does not happen in your case.

In your case your mainboard seems to provide voltage to the PCIe bridge, even if it is in standby, maybe not 3.3V, but a lower voltage, making the device (Tevii)
    as "reserved" or "occupied" to the system (Linux).

Nevertheless there are several guides, how to make it work in Linux, Ubuntu etc.

http://www.vdr-portal.de/board16-vid...hnische-infos/

Finally you need the "reload after wakeup" tool/script, to solve your problem, which isn't driver or hardwarerelated.

- dvbshop-tv

I replied saying I don't use standby (that I know of).

Beans

do you supply the card with "extra" power via the floppy power cable?

Beans
    Distro

Yes thats installed.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast