Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MP4 video from phone works in Win7, not in Ubuntu

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: MP4 video from phone works in Win7, not in Ubuntu

I'm afraid the problem is that the linux graphics driver is not working well with your card. Let us hope someone with your graphics chip can share his/her experience! Otherwise your computer is powerful enough (as is also shown by the performance with Windows).

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

My recommendation is to remove the "ATI/AMD Proprietary FGLRX Driver and/or Post-Update driver per the following guidelines:

http://wiki.cchtml.com/index.php/Ubu...TI.27s_site.29

Then download and install the latest ATI/AMD driver from the AMD website per the download instructions in the document referenced by the link above. I also have an ATI/AMD machine (laptop) and I can play HD videos no problem using ATI/AMD's driver (I am running both 11.10 and 12.04 using Unity).

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I almost forgot.....I convert ALL of my videos (whether they be avi, mpeg or mov to MP4 format and I can play any and all formats just fine.

Beans

Thanks for the advise bcarlowise. I de-activated the proprietary drivers and downloaded/installed as specified in the link you provided. I think the driver install went OK, but after finishing, I had lost my 3D, Compiz, etc. Also tested the mp4 videos and they failed as well.

I have reactivate the proprietary driver, but will be glad to run through this again if you think I might have forgotten a step.

Thanks again and let me know...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12