Thread: Dynamic mount of Active Directory Share

Beans

Dynamic mount of Active Directory Share

I have many Xbuntu clients they log on to a Active directory network with Likewise. All of these clients could have any of 100 different users log on to them at any time. I need to map the users AD share automatically on the desktop or in GVFS places. I have tried using the gvfs-mount command but it calls for entering the users name and password. I have thought of creating a bash file and using the mount command with the USER global variable but I am not aware of a global variable for the password.

Please help there has to be a way to accomplish this it seems so simple.
    Last edited by ronw69; 28 Minutes Ago at 08:45 AM.. Reason: bad sentence

Beans

Re: Dynamic mount of Active Directory Share

I am redefining my orginal question as I have gotten no ideas from the orginal post.
    I have many Ubuntu client computers they log on to a Active directory network with Likewise. All of these client computers could have any of 100 different users log on to them at any time. I am trying to have a connected share on the desktop or in GVFS places as soon as a new user logs, this share would be tied to their user name IE\\server\users\username). So in order to do this the authority given to the user at login from active directory should allow the login without having to re-login to the share. If there is no way to use this given authority then is there a way to capture the user name and password so that a BASH script could be written to automatically create this share?