Something I always wanted, having seen it on a friend's Macbook, was an album art screensaver. I couldn't find a single one for Ubuntu, so I decided to create one.
Portada is Spanish for 'front cover', and this screensaver pulls album art from your Banshee cache and displays it as animated tiles - so you will need to use Banshee as your default music player (hey, it's the best one!).
A couple of gotchas:
- You will need a working graphics driver as it's built with Clutter.
- Does not run well on very old machines.
- Best suited to higher resolution, 16:9 displays. It should work on nearly any resolution and most normal aspect ratios - tested on 16:9, 16:10 and 4:3.
- Not actually set up as a screensaver yet - the program is available as a .py executable. Turning it into a proper screensaver is in progress.
- You will need python-clutter installed. Look in Synaptic.
Please, all you lovely people, test this for me!