Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: install but no OS after reboot

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu

Re: install but no OS after reboot

does control+alt+f1 work when you are on the blank screen?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by marinara View Post
    does control+alt+f1 work when you are on the blank screen?
    Nope... Nothing

After reading the server manual i decided to open it and make a hard reset with the onboard jumper. Re-install ubuntu, reboot and... nothing! The fd0 error was gone but the screen kept blank... At this point i decided to put a HP server for sale on ebay...

Since i had to assemble another PC, i grab the server and put on another desk to figure what to do next... Conected to a 17'' old monitor and... IT WAS ALIVE!!!

Wait... I just moved the server and connected it to a different monitor, and now it is working... Connected back to the original monitor... nothing. Connected to the old monitor and it starts working...

CAN YOU BELIVE IT????!!!! It was the f*** monitor... On my Samsung 24'' monitor the screen was totally black, on my 17'' old monitor it was ok. The Samsung monitor is working ok (i connected to my laptop), it simply does not work when connected to the server. Can anyone explain that? The problem was the HP server or Ubuntu?

I lost more than 2 weeks re-installing ubuntu over and over and after all it was the damm monitor...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by sigeste View Post
    Nope... Nothing

After reading the server manual i decided to open it and make a hard reset with the onboard jumper. Re-install ubuntu, reboot and... nothing! The fd0 error was gone but the screen kept blank... At this point i decided to put a HP server for sale on ebay...

Since i had to assemble another PC, i grab the server and put on another desk to figure what to do next... Conected to a 17'' old monitor and... IT WAS ALIVE!!!

Wait... I just moved the server and connected it to a different monitor, and now it is working... Connected back to the original monitor... nothing. Connected to the old monitor and it starts working...

CAN YOU BELIVE IT????!!!! It was the f*** monitor... On my Samsung 24'' monitor the screen was totally black, on my 17'' old monitor it was ok. The Samsung monitor is working ok (i connected to my laptop), it simply does not work when connected to the server. Can anyone explain that? The problem was the HP server or Ubuntu?

I lost more than 2 weeks re-installing ubuntu over and over and after all it was the damm monitor...

that is quite interesting lol. good to know you figured it out.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made in a very narrow field.
    -Niels Bohr

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by sigeste View Post

Hi There,

Just about to try and load Ubuntu Server 12.04 LTS onto my clean HP DL120 G7 server, other than the monitor issue you had did it and does it work smoothly?

Cheers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12