Thread: Send active nautilus window back to widget layer\.

Beans

Smile Send active nautilus window back to widget layer\.

Hey there everyone,
    I've been exploring around compiz's widget layer (using screenlets) and I was wondering if I may be able to send the active nautilus window to the widget layer?! Say, I want to middle-click on the title bar of the a nautilus window and have it disappeared and sent back to my widget's layer. Does anyone know how one might be able to achieve this? I'm sure there's a way..there always has been!
    Any help would be appreciated,
    Thanks\.
    [using oneiric]

Beans

Re: Send active nautilus window back to widget layer\.

Solved it myself...wasn't that hard actually!
    I just used xprop to grab a window's title and then passed it to compiz's widget layer plugin through gconftool-2. This way I wouldn't be even bound to the "active nautilus" window, but any window on the screen because xprop can grab any window's title!!
    a simple file like this:
    Code:
    new="$(xprop WM_NAME | cut -d \" -f2)"
    new="title="$new
    old="$(gconftool-2 --get /apps/compiz-1/plugins/widget/screen0/options/match)"
    target=$old" | "$new
    gconftool-2 --type string --set /apps/compiz-1/plugins/widget/screen0/options/match "$target"
    then all I had to do was to assign some key bindings to the file in CompizConfig Settings Manager.
    Also added one for getting all the windows back to the normal layer with:
    Code:
    gconftool-2 --type string --set /apps/compiz-1/plugins/widget/screen0/options/match ""
    Worked like a charm! \.
    Last edited by koohyar; February 21st, 2012 at 07:23 PM.