Thread: moonlight

Beans

Angry moonlight

New to the forum so if this needs to be elsewhere besides 'general' please let me know.

Running lucid lynx (10.04LTS) with Firefox 10.0 and installed moonlight 3.99.0.3 from synaptic after not having it work when I tried to view my city council's meeting via the net.

Moonlight DOES show up as an extension in Firefox.

This used to work before upgrades to firefox and now all that happens is a blank screen when when I try to download the entire video of the Council meeting which is something I had to do in the past when viewing a council meeting. The 'blank screen' is where the video would be and the download doesn't appear to be occurring.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Beans

Re: moonlight

Don't know anything about your program. My guess is, the one in the repos is out of date.

Try getting it from here? http://www.go-mono.com/moonlight/download.aspx

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Moonlight won't work on some sites due to DRM , but I don't think this would apply to a city council meeting . http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DRM
    “ Diversity: The art of thinking independently together ”

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Manual

Beans

Thanks,I had done that but even after restarting it didn't work. Now it does; what's strange is the audio associated with the video starts right away but if one wants to view the meeting, one has to dload the file. Had to do that before so it's not a big deal but it does make me wonder why the audio starts but nt the video when selecting the meeting to watch. Thanks again.

Beans

Thanks; the city is a MS shop with apple via iphones and ipads the next level; the council is always looking to cut back monies for everything but IT; my pleas fall on deaf ears.