Thread: Crystal reports viewer? alternatives?

Beans

Crystal reports viewer? alternatives?

Hi All

I am not sure under which section this will fall and thus posting it here so hoping I am correct.

We have a client who uses Crystal reports for reporting purposes, however we need to do the following:

- The reports are all in crystal reports format so I am looking for software that we can use in order to open these reports so that we can see what the reports look like.

- Once I am able to look at the reports, I need to put together an open source solution in order to recreate these reports in order to be run on an open source environment and hosted externally to the company in order to have a backup solution during system downtime.

Can anyone perhaps help me with suggestions as what software we can use to open and peruse these report as well as the best option to create new reports with as they will be extracting the data from a MySQL database.

I would really appreciate any help in this as I have never worked with Crystal Reports before so I am not sure where to start.

Regards

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Crystal reports viewer? alternatives?

Did you ever come up with a solution for this?