Thread: Digital Camera Recognition

Beans

Unhappy Digital Camera Recognition

I have just recently downloaded the new version of XUbuntu 11.10 v i138 iso onto my desktop computer. I previously ran Ubuntu long term version 10.4. I then could plug in my digital camera and up came the scgreen to recognis it and download the pictures.

On XUbuntu it purely comes up with an icon to say it has recognised that a camera has been plugge din and nothing else. I have tried both Camera programme which does nothing and Gtkam digital Camera Browser but again useless and wont even recognise my camera. I have a Fuji FinePix S1600 digital Camera.

Has anyone any suggestions as to how I can down load my pictures using XUbuntu 11.10 please?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: Digital Camera Recognition

Do you have a card reader in your machine? If so, just take the memory card out of the camera, insert it in the machine and wait for the system to mount the card (i.e. make it accessible). Then open your photo management software and import from the card.
    Friend of eclipse - http://www.eclipse.org/donate/
    Read man pages the easy way - http://manpages.ubuntu.com

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: Digital Camera Recognition

Go to Settings and Startup Applications (I think - I'm going from memory here as I'm at work). In there is a section on how the system should handle a camera being plugged in. You could elect to start up any application that you're familiar with. You'll find gThumbs installed by default, but you can obviously install anything else from the Software Centre.