Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Firefox - invisible bookmark adding window.

Beans

Re: Firefox - invisible bookmark adding window.

Are you running somewhat old hardware by any chance? Wonder if it is a legacy graphics support problem.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

I am not running old hardware but,I don't know about the OP . The problem was corrected on the 16 nightly build update. What ever caused this did not affect the Nightly 15 build.
    "Our intention creates our reality. "

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Flavors

Beans

12.04 x64
    No add bookmark dialog on FF15. Plugins: BitTorrent WebUI+ 0.2.2.3 / Classic Compact Options 10.0.2 / Flashblock 1.5.15.1 / Global Menu Bar integration 3.4 / Second Search 0.7.2012031101 / Tab Mix Plus 0.4.0.3 / Xmarks 4.1.2
    Somewhat doubt issue being related to version seeing this problem reported with different versions. Also official package is used widely enough for it to be reported and fixed soon, so probably others are using without this issue. Maybe some fsckup in profile/settings?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Hmmm... never noticed this before, probably because whenever I save a bookmark I usually click on the bookmarks button up top & when the sidebar opens, just drag the URL where I want it.

Checked though (on Firefox 15, as well as Aurora & Nightly) and I get the same things you mentioned. I DID notice if I click on the star, the bookmark pops up in the Unsorted Bookmarks folder or if I Ctrl-d, it gets added to the bottom of the bookmark list.

Tried getting rid of Ubufox, disabled Tab Mix Plus & Classic Compact Options, disabling Hardware Acceleration, nada.

Forgot to mention, this is on a Dell Laptop running Xubuntu 12.04 and the default video drivers.
    This post is like Brigadoon!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 20.04 Focal Fossa

Hi SantaFe. What kind of a Dell notebook do you use? Can you post the output of lspci. It's an obscure bug, and Firefox 15 has not fix it for me too.
    Last edited by mikewhatever; September 4th, 2012 at 07:05 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123