Thread: How tu blur areas of videos?

Beans

How tu blur areas of videos?

Hi. I am interesting in blurring areas of a video. The areas have constant coordinates (not like blurring faces, for example, which move all the time).
    I have tried OpenShot, but apparently it doesn't support blurring (at least from what i've read online), so I went to LiVES, but that one just tells me that the video format isn't compatible (the video file is a .avi, though).

I just want something simple that can get the job done (i'm not that interested in video editing, I just want to use it this one time for school). Can you please recommend something?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: How tu blur areas of videos?

I believe Kdenlive has an obscure feature that will work.

Beans

You can use OpenShot to put a picture or video 'in front' covering the main video (or partially covering if semi-transparent). That is a good way to show a signature or some text, and it could also be used to cover something you don't want to show.

Beans

mplayer can remove (or try to remove) logos (or other things on a fixed place), see
    Code:
    man mplayer
    Code:
           delogo[=x:y:w:h:t]
                  Suppresses a TV station logo by a simple  interpolation  of  the
                  surrounding  pixels.  Just set a rectangle covering the logo and
                  watch it disappear (and sometimes something even uglier appear -
                  your mileage may vary).
                     <x>,<y>
                          top left corner of the logo
                     <w>,<h>
                          width and height of the cleared rectangle
                     <t>  Thickness of the fuzzy edge of the rectangle (added to w
                          and h).  When set to -1, a green rectangle is  drawn  on
                          the screen to simplify finding the right x,y,w,h parame‐
                          ters.

remove-logo=/path/to/logo_bitmap_file_name.pgm
                  Suppresses a TV station logo, using a PGM or PPM image  file  to
                  determine  which pixels comprise the logo.  The width and height
                  of the image file must match those of  the  video  stream  being
                  processed.   Uses the filter image and a circular blur algorithm
                  to remove the logo.

/path/to/logo_bitmap_file_name.pgm
                          [path] + filename of the filter image.