Thread: Testers needed for PowerPC 12.04

Threaded View

rsavage is offline Iced Almond Soy Ubuntu, No Foam
    Beans

Re: Testers needed for PowerPC 12.04

I removed the iso since nobody outside of the usual posters seemed interested and nobody was testing the updated packages I posted.

EDIT:

An expanded justification for eep:

One of the main reasons for the iso was to make it easier for imac G3/G4 users so that it worked "out of the box". The iso in its current state fails for G3 users in this regard becuase I set it up to boot into exa mode, and we have since learned that there are problems with this.

The r128 package has now been upgraded/updated, but I'm not prepared to put another iso together with it unless the package has been tested. It takes a lot of time to build an iso and upload it. Far far more than for a r128 user to test the packages I uploaded.

There are other niggly things wrong with the iso, I gave some dodgy advice to radeon users for example.

I was not happy with it, so I removed it.

But I have not stopped a user from installing xubuntu if they want. They should just use the mini iso. And I have not ruled out an improved iso being produced, but that is dependant on people testing the packages I posted. An existing lubuntu or whatever user could do this, it is not necessary to install xubuntu to test the xorg packages.
    Last edited by rsavage; March 24th, 2013 at 07:59 PM.