Thread: ODBC client (isql) no longer working after system upgrade

Beans

ODBC client (isql) no longer working after system upgrade

This friday I performed a system update on my companys Ubuntu server using "aptitude safe-upgrade". After the following system reboot I can no longer get isql working to communicate with the remote Pervasive SQL server.

I have done this a couple of times before so I believe this has nothing to do with environment variables not being set properly. But the error message returned when I try to run the client gives me very little information about what is going on.
    Code:
    psql@ubuntu1:~$ echo "select D1001, D1021 from PULAGER WHERE D18202='Y'" | isql -v -b -d\| hoistswe
    bash: /usr/local/psql/bin/isql: No such file or directory
    The file /usr/local/psql/bin/isql is there so there is propably another file that it is complaining about. How can I get information about which file it is actually missing? And how could that be missing after I just have been running a safe-upgrade?

my .bash_profile:
    Code:
    psql@ubuntu1:~$ cat .bash_profile
    umask 022
    PVSW_ROOT=/usr/local/psql
    PATH=$PVSW_ROOT/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/lib
    LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$PVSW_ROOT/lib:$PVSW_ROOT/lib64:$PVSW_ROOT/bin:/usr/lib
    MANPATH=$PVSW_ROOT/man:$MANPATH
    BREQ=$PVSW_ROOT/lib
    export PVSW_ROOT PATH LD_LIBRARY_PATH MANPATH BREQ
    I also found out something that looks a little weird, but I have no idea if it has been like this before the upgrade, but I guess that file should be executable:
    Code:
    root@ubuntu1:/usr/local/psql/lib# ldd odbcci.so 
            not a dynamic executable

Please let me know if you need more information to be able to help me out. Thanks!
    Last edited by sverre76; January 31st, 2012 at 09:29 AM. Reason: additional information

Beans

Re: ODBC client (isql) no longer working after system upgrade

I went through the aptitude log from the last update and reinstalled the packages I felt might be needed by the odbc client, and that made it work!

So no help needed, but maybe someone else stumbles upon this in the future so I will post what packages I reinstalled.

Code:
    aptitude install ia32-libs lib32gcc1 lib32ncurses5 lib32stdc++6 lib32v4l-0 lib32z1 libc6-i386 libv4l-0 nspluginwrapper