Thread: Problem with iPhone syncing

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Question Problem with iPhone syncing

I have an iPhone 4G, and I like how Banshee media player has the ability to sync music to iPhones. That was a big part that helped me turn to using Ubuntu.

But when I select it to sync the whole music library, it says that the music has synced, but on my iPhone half of the tracks do not work or their names are in grey in the iPhone's music library.

I went back to my Windows install and synced with my iTunes there, and it worked fine. But I would like to do this in Ubuntu as I do not want to have to go back into Windows everytime I want to sync my iPhone.

A solution to this problem would be great if anyone has one?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: Problem with iPhone syncing

iPhone user myself,

For you to use your iPhone with Ubuntu 10.10 and later you will need to install libmobiledevice, a quick google search will give you the info you are looking for. Now, if your phone is using iOS 5 you are currently out of luck as the team working on the previously mentioned libraries have not finished updating them to work with iOS 5. Consider donating to help speed up development if you can.

Hope this helps some

Metaxa

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Already installed it. And I am running iOS 5 guess I'll just have to wait!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Not sure why this is marked as solved . . .

Two solutions:
    1) Jailbreak following this guide http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...ghlight=iphone. I haven't tested this as I don't want to jailbreak
    2) Use EZMp3 or FileApp (both free iphone apps) as a temporary solution until gtkpod bugs are sorted out. Follow guide here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...8#post11774578
    Note: to use Ezmp3 youjust needed to create a folder in the 'managing folders' section of EZmp3 and then will be able to access through nautilus.

Hope this helps
    Last edited by Huss; March 19th, 2012 at 07:49 AM.