Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ubuntu Support Pages Collection (Data Base)

Beans
    Hidden!

Ubuntu Support Pages Collection (Data Base)

I started an Ubuntu references & resources collection about three years ago and have maintained it since.

Recently I completed a reorganization of this collection. Out with the old (gnome2) and in with the new (gnome3). And I thought that while its in such good shape that I would offer it to the community, if anyone has an interests in such things. Its not perfect, but its as close as it gets. Maintenance is always an on going process. To get an idea of whats covered:

sharpend.jpg

I use Zotero as a collection manager and it will be necessary to download this program (3.5MB) in order to use my collection.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Zotero

http://www.zotero.org/

The data download is a 240M tar.gz. After installation 610M of space will be used.

Download site:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/60050551/zot...ition_5.tar.gz

Instructions:

Place the tar.gz in your (home) /.mozilla/firefox/*.default and extract. Then download Zotero.

If you have already downloaded Zotero, simply delete the installed "zotero" folder and replace with the tar.gz.

If this is not a fresh install of Zotero and you have data already stored in it; then do not delete this folder.
    Last edited by jerrrys; March 18th, 2012 at 08:54 PM. Reason: UpDated

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: Ubuntu Collection (Data Base)

Thread moved to The Community Cafe.

Looks useful

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 18.10 Cosmic Cuttlefish

Please do. This looks very useful.
    Blog | Ubuntu User #15350 | Zsh FTW | Ubuntu Security | Nothing to hide?
    AMD Phenom II X6 1075T @ 3GHz, Nvidia GTX 650, 8GB DDR3 RAM, 1 X 1TB, 2 X 3TB HDD
    Please don't request support via PM

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 18.10 Cosmic Cuttlefish

Can you re-upload but close Firefox before taring up the directory? The sqlite database is corrupted because it was still being written to.
    Blog | Ubuntu User #15350 | Zsh FTW | Ubuntu Security | Nothing to hide?
    AMD Phenom II X6 1075T @ 3GHz, Nvidia GTX 650, 8GB DDR3 RAM, 1 X 1TB, 2 X 3TB HDD
    Please don't request support via PM

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Mine's ok here, once I found a version of zotero that worked with this f/f version

Thanks jerrys

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Wow! If I understand what you have done, then I say: WoW!

One of the issues with searching these forums and a site like Askubuntu for already given answers, is that people often phrase the question wrong. They often do not write the heading as a question.

Imagine the results from a search on "newbie" or "help" or "help, please" Change that to "help pleeze!!!!" And would it solve the searcher's problem?

What you have created is on a different scale altogether. I am bookmarking so that I can add your collection later.

Regards and well done.
    It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.
    Ubuntu user #33,200. Linux user #530,530

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by FuturePilot View Post
    Can you re-upload but close Firefox before taring up the directory? The sqlite database is corrupted because it was still being written to.
    Oops, I'll do just that and post back later today. Really still want to find a faster site, going to do some looking around. Thanks

piskie: Don't know why that is. I have use this app on ff3 thru 9 without issue. Probally like FuturePilot said; if i would of copied it right in the first place.

And Graham: Thanks. you may want to hold off till I find a better site.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by jerrrys View Post
    piskie: Don't know why that is. I have use this app on ff3 thru 9 without issue. Probally like FuturePilot said; if i would of copied it right in the first place.
    f/f 10 in Pangolin - I got the zotero v3 - works fine with that

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Can someone explain what this is exactly? Just saying a "Ubuntu Collection" is not that clear.
    Do you folks like coffee?

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenKingpin View Post
    Can someone explain what this is exactly? Just saying a "Ubuntu Collection" is not that clear.
    Yes, it is lacking. Maybe next time forestpiskie is around, he will fix that.

This is basically a collection of web pages that apply to ubuntu. A quick way to look up solutions either on or off line.

And forestpiskie: Your one up on me, Im running 2.x

FuturePilot: Got a new copy up and will change my above link and I checked processes to make sure sqlite was shut down.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast