Thread: E-uae crashes

Beans

E-uae crashes

Hi! I'm running Ubuntu 11.10 x64 and I've installed e-uae from repo, but when I tried to start it from terminal, it always terminates with a segfault

When started from icon in launcher it worked sometimes at first, but now it won't work from icon either.

Any hints on what to do?

Beans

Re: E-uae crashes

Quote Originally Posted by svin83 View Post
    Hi! I'm running Ubuntu 11.10 x64 and I've installed e-uae from repo, but when I tried to start it from terminal, it always terminates with a segfault

When started from icon in launcher it worked sometimes at first, but now it won't work from icon either.

Any hints on what to do?
    This does not exactly answer your question, but I would like to recommend trying FS-UAE, which I'm the author of. It has an updated emulation core from WinUAE, and the video/audio/input layer is rewritten from scratch, so it may work better for you than E-UAE. Also, it is an activate project and will receive fixes if problems are found.

I run it myself on Ubuntu (just note that with 12.04 and 3D-accelerated desktop, you may need to run FS-UAE in fullscreen or with the option --video-sync=off to get good performance due to a Compiz issue).

If you try it out and have any problems, just let me know.

http://fengestad.no/wp/fs-uae (I provide precompiled Ubuntu/Debian debs).
    Last edited by FrodeSolheim; May 1st, 2012 at 10:09 AM.

Beans

Re: E-uae crashes