Thread: Any possibiliy of Xfce 4.10 making it into Xubuntu 12.10?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Any possibiliy of Xfce 4.10 making it into Xubuntu 12.10?

Hi,

I read that the Xfce devs have been busy and that the release schedule of version 4.10 has been pushed back. Preliminary Development Schedule The Planned Features, are exciting.

Does anyone know, or have read, if Xfce 4.10 might, make it into Xubuntu 12.10?

Thanks.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: Any possibiliy of Xfce 4.10 making it into Xubuntu 12.10?

My guess is it won't happen, because of the delays on the XFCE side they probably won't make the cut for the April release of 12.04LTS. This doesn't mean it won't be included in an update once things are stablilized, but I would not count on XFCE 4.10 to be ready in time for whatever lockout/blackout/freeze period by the Ubuntu developers prior to release of 12.04.

Just my semi-educated deductions from previous release cycles of various linux versions.

Beans

The 4.10 schedule is still uncertain (it may be clarified next week-end during FOSDEM), so it's very unlikely that Xfce 4.10 will be included in Xubuntu 12.04, not enough time to stabilize it. For 12.10 it should be fine though.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pouit View Post
    For 12.10 it should be fine though.
    I hope you are right. It sounds like an exciting release. I may wait until Xubuntu 12.10, before switching from Ubuntu 10.04 LTS.