Thread: Forgot BIOS Password & Can't Restore 2 factory default with Windows XP?! Acer Aspire

Beans

Question Forgot BIOS Password & Can't Restore 2 factory default with Windows XP?! Acer Aspire

Hello & Thanks for taking the time 2 read! This laptop I bought off of a friend has Ubuntu on it, but you see it is an Acer Aspire One Laptop "AOA-150" Model:ZG5 I wish I could figure out how to delete Ubuntu & Use the Windows XP Home Edition that is preloaded on these laptops. My friend with the same laptop has Windows and has a program called ACER eRECOVERY Agent that allows the user to restore the computer to the factory defaults by deleting all the info on the hard drive except the DISK TO DISK "D2D RECOVERY".. I did tons of research & I'm usually good w/ PCs but this Ubuntu puzzles me! To make matters worse, the kid that sold me the laptop put a password on the BIOS.. I hit {F2} and it says PLEASE ENTER CURRENT PASSWORD.. To make matters even worse still it may be that d2d recovery option in BIOS is disabled because it does nothing if I hit {f8} or {f10} perhaps it says something about BIOS after I press alt and f10 but doesn't work how it should 'allow me to hit f10 and wipe oout the hard-drive and restore from factory defaults/settings partition. On the Acer website it says I can update this model laptop with an updated BIOS using FLASH but I don't know if that would help or just make things worse.

-Am I making this all to complicated?
    -Is there any way to bypass the BIOS password, recover the password, or get around it in any way?
    -Is there a way to make sure the partition acer made with the factory defaults is still on the hard drive?
    -I would appreciate if anyone has ANY INFO THAT COULD HELP ME *ENSURE ACER FACTORY SET WINDOWS PARTITION IS STILL ALIVE & WELL *REMOVE UBUNTU.. *RESTORE D2D RECOVERY WITH PARTITION THAT *WINDOWS XP IS ON.. *BYPASS BIOS {UNKNOWN} PASSWORD

Also if you believe UPDATING/FLASHING BIOS from Acer's website would be beneficial, or is there a free program {via ubuntu} I could use to find out what the BIOS password is ?

THANKS A MILLION!
    Last edited by overdrank; January 26th, 2012 at 11:42 AM. Reason: please use default font