Thread: How to make a program available for download?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

How to make a program available for download?

I'm just putting the finishing touches on a little VBNet program (wait till I finish to get out the clubs) that interprets and runs a Synaptic download script, so you can automatically download a program and all dependencies for an offline computer on any online Windows machine. It's a very small and basic little program, and I'm probably replicating work that's already been done, but that's ok, it's mainly just been for fun.

Anyhow, my question is how to make said program available on the web for downloading? I'd like to distribute it free but wasn't sure where or how I could place it on a server.
    Sorry, I'm very new to development and distribution and such, so any advice is appreciated!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Re: How to make a program available for download?

The two places that immediately come to mind are SourceForge and GitHub. Both allow free hosting as long as your project is open source.
    Don't use W3Schools as a resource! (Inconsequential foul language at the jump)
    Open Linux Forums (More foul language, but well worth it for the quality of support and good humor.)
    If you want to discuss W3Schools, please PM me instead of posting.