Thread: Java packaging

Beans

Java packaging

Oke so i want to make my own distro based on ubuntu im using UCK and remastersys.

But i want to take some Java Applications from sourceforge that i don`t find on launchpad and package them into .deb So i have some questions:

1.It is legal to take software from sourceforge package it and add to my PPA for my customized distro?
    2.How do you make a package of a java application?

more to come

Beans

Re: Java packaging

bump.....

No one can help me??

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

I would say you need to answer #1 before you even consider #2.

So:

Are the applications proprietary -- and does the EULA grant you license to redistribute them?

Are the applications open source and under the GPL, are there any specific limitations under those licenses -- and will you properly ascribe to the authors credit for the work?

(Don't bump so quickly. Wait 24 hours.)
    Please read The Forum Rules and The Forum Posting Guidelines

A thing discovered and kept to oneself must be discovered time and again by others. A thing discovered and shared with others need be discovered only the once.
    This universe is crazy. I'm going back to my own.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by QIII View Post
    I would say you need to answer #1 before you even consider #2.

So:

Are the applications proprietary -- and does the EULA grant you license to redistribute them?

Are the applications open source and under the GPL, are there any specific limitations under those licenses -- and will you properly ascribe to the authors credit for the work?

(Don't bump so quickly. Wait 24 hours.)
    Yes the applications are under GPL and No for what i read is no limitations and Yes i will give proper cretis to the author...i want credits only for making a .deb not for the application so then its legal?

so now how can i make the .debs for java?