Thread: Cannot turn off overscan/xorg.conf

Beans
    Hidden!

Unhappy Cannot turn off overscan/xorg.conf

Hi All,

I could really use some help with my Acer Aspire L320. I have it connected to my Samsung TV via DVi to HDMI cable. Everytime I boot up Ubuntu 10.10 the TV defaults to overscan, and the picture is "cut off" around the edges.

I wish to avoid having to manually setting the TV mode to "Just Scan" everytime I boot my computer. So I was wondering if someone would be able to tell me how to edit my xorg.conf file to get the Acer to match the TV's native resolution? (1:1).

I have looked on Acer's website to see if they have any drivers to download but it looks like they will only support what the Acer is shipped with (windows vista).

Any ideas would be really appreciated. Kind Regards,

SPADGE_2356

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Cannot turn off overscan/xorg.conf

BUMP.....Anyone?

Beans
    Hidden!

BUUUUUUMMMMMPPPPPP!!!!! Can anyone help me here?

Beans

I've been trying to fix this for days with an Intel Mobile 4 series chipset and still haven't gotten any answers. There are fixes for AMD and Nvidia, but nothing for Intel. The "Ease of use" of Ubuntu gets downright impossible as soon as you try to watch movies on the big screen. You spend forever trying to find answers..it's definitely not a "Just works" situation. If you want to work on the big screen just use Windows. Save yourself the headache.