Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Can't compile razerd

Howze about a bump?

Greetings,

I recently did a fresh install of kubuntu 11.10 64bit. I am using kernel:

Code:
    aprompt> uname -r 3.0.0-15-generic
    I have a razer DeathAdder gaming mouse that has given me modest success if i might say so on nexuiz a fps game. However, without being able to configure the mouse for better control, I am like a newbie. So I downloaded the latest version of Michael Bueche's razer configuration program and set about compiling it.

Code:
    $ sudo /etc/init.d/razerd start
     * Starting Razer device state daemon: razerd                                                               /usr/local/sbin/razerd: error while loading shared libraries: ../librazer/librazer.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    Code:
    ~$ ldd /usr/local/sbin/razerd
            linux-vdso.so.1 =>  (0x00007fff1d5ff000)
            ../librazer/librazer.so => not found
            libc.so.6 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6 (0x00007f9ab97b8000)
            /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 (0x00007f9ab9b72000)

I have tried following the advice in a couple of old threads from these forums without success. I have tried creating soft links to the ../librazer/librazer.so library file and it is located in:

Code:
    $ ls -l /usr/local/lib
    total 100
    drwxr-xr-x 2 root root   4096 2012-01-20 19:24 librazer
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root  88751 2012-01-20 20:35 librazer.so
    drwxrwsr-x 4 root staff  4096 2011-10-12 11:08 python2.7
    The librazer folder is where I guess this razer config files thinks its libary file is. So I created the librazer folder and created a link to it from the original. I ran:

[CODE]sudo updatedb && sudo ldconfig[CODE]

and attempted to start razerd again. No success. I tried adding a file to the /etc/ld.so.conf.d folder with a path to the librazer.so library file called razerd.conf:

Code:
    # razer libraries
    /usr/local/lib/librazer

No such luck. So now I throw out a life line to my fellow users here on the UbuntuForums. Hope you can be of some help.

Tia
    Last edited by skaramanger; January 25th, 2012 at 02:42 AM. Reason: Bumpity Bump please
    M2N-SLI with AMD Phenom II X4 940 8GB of 400Mhz 128bit DDR2 RAM, an Evga GTX560ti Video card Phoenix Bios Rev. 5001

Kubuntu 12.10 (do-release-upgrade)

Beans

Re: Can't compile razerd

The solution (from here) is to run the instructions as per the readme, then
    Code:
    $ sudo ldconfig
    Then restart again (or run razerd manually), and razerd will start properly, and qrazercfg should run properly.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Smile Re: Can't compile razerd

Quote Originally Posted by sparhawkthesecond View Post
    The solution (from here) is to run the instructions as per the readme, then
    Code:
    $ sudo ldconfig
    Then restart again (or run razerd manually), and razerd will start properly, and qrazercfg should run properly.
    Sparhawkthesecond,

Thanks for your reply. I have read that thread and followed it when I first set my mouse up back in 10.10 daze . What I did this time and didn't explain what that I downloaded the latest version and placed the code in a folder other than my home on another disk w/o thinking that I still had one an older version on my home folder. So I just compiled the older version and it is now working.

Thanks again,

Skaramanger
    M2N-SLI with AMD Phenom II X4 940 8GB of 400Mhz 128bit DDR2 RAM, an Evga GTX560ti Video card Phoenix Bios Rev. 5001

Kubuntu 12.10 (do-release-upgrade)

Beans

Re: Can't compile razerd

Ah. Oh well, good to see you sorted it out. I also wanted to post in this thread, because it was the only (English) result when you Google the error message.

Cheers!