Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anjuta 2.0.2 'The Breeze' Relased! (alpha)

Beans

Re: Anjuta 2.0.2 'The Breeze' Relased! (alpha)

I've compiled anjuta from source using the abve gdl and gdf packages.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

As far as I know Anjuta 2 is built from the ground up, and its still in Alpha stages so not all features will be available.

I pretty much just posted these packages here for people to try it out. For production you should probably use the old Anjuta... or find another IDE.
    My cross-platform python modules for PVA or population simulation https://code.google.com/p/nobones/, written in Ubuntu!

Beans

I wasn't thinking of using anjuta as a development platform since it's still beta, but I was hoping to test these autocompletion features which I simply can't run

Maby I'm doing something wrong?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Well... I supose some plugins might not have been compiled... perhaps you should try to recompile?
    My cross-platform python modules for PVA or population simulation https://code.google.com/p/nobones/, written in Ubuntu!

Beans

maybe you don't have libtool installed

Beans
    Distro
    Dapper Drake Testing/

Cheers for the debs, i've bundled them into a zip and put them on freefilehoster for anyone else who wants them. Much easier than using a gmail account - interesting idea none-the-less

http://www.freefilehoster.com/upload...uta_2.0.2a.zip
    Should be wget'able to boot!

Beans

My question is...

Why is the version in synaptic still 1.2.4 ???

Seems like it should have been updated by now.

Beans

I get an error message when trying to use doinst.sh :

WARNING: failed to install schema `/schemas/apps/anjuta/valgrind/editor' locale `C': Unable to store a value at key '/schemas/apps/anjuta/valgrind/editor', as t he configuration server has no writable databases. There are some common causes of this problem: 1) your configuration path file /etc/gconf/2/path doesn't conta in any databases or wasn't found 2) somehow we mistakenly created two gconfd pro cesses 3) your operating system is misconfigured so NFS file locking doesn't wor k in your home directory or 4) your NFS client machine crashed and didn't proper ly notify the server on reboot that file locks should be dropped. If you have tw o gconfd processes (or had two at the time the second was launched), logging out , killing all copies of gconfd, and logging back in may help. If you have stale locks, remove ~/.gconf*/*lock. Perhaps the problem is that you attempted to use GConf from two machines at once, and ORBit still has its default configuration t hat prevents remote CORBA connections - put "ORBIIOPIPv4=1" in /etc/orbitrc. As always, check the user.* syslog for details on problems gconfd encountered. Ther e can only be one gconfd per home directory, and it must own a lockfile in ~/.gc onfd and also lockfiles in individual storage locations such as ~/.gconf

- I am very new to Linux, so I'm quite lost. Thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12