If it was a phoenix or ami bios it's doable, but the Acer Timeline's use an InsydeH20 and there isn't a linux installer. You'll need to download the latest bios from acer and do the following to install from a usb flash drive:
1. If not already installed, you need gparted and unetbootin
2. Use gparted to create a single FAT16 formatted partition on the flash drive.
sudo apt-get install gparted unetbootin
3. Use unetbootin to install a bootable FreeDOS onto the flash drive:
- Select the distribution FreeDOS.
- Select your USB flash drive
- Click OK. This will download FreeDOS to create a DOS bootable flash drive.
4. Copy your motherboard's BIOS update (Inside of the DOS directory for your acer BIOS) into the root of flash drive. These files will be located in B: or C: drive when you boot into FreeDOS.