Thread: Skype is inaccessible - No Activate

Beans

Skype is inaccessible - No Activate

I've got a wierd problem. In Skype in Unity when I clicked on the icon on the panel I had a menu with the first entry Activite. So I used to click on it to open Skype. Now it's replced with Recent Chats and I do not have the Activate option. So I cannot open Skype. It's so bizzar. It's fine on my other laptop.
    ASUS Zenbook 14 Ubuntu 22.10

Beans

Re: Skype is inaccessible - No Activate

Quote Originally Posted by foxy123 View Post
    I've got a wierd problem. In Skype in Unity when I clicked on the icon on the panel I had a menu with the first entry Activite. So I used to click on it to open Skype. Now it's replced with Recent Chats and I do not have the Activate option. So I cannot open Skype. It's so bizzar. It's fine on my other laptop.
    Same here, at first I recall I did get an option called activate,
    but later on it is replaced by recent chat and now I can't access the Skype main window unless I call it from terminal.
    Uninstalling Skype from Synaptic completely and re installing didn't help.

This renders Skype useless completely, anyone have the ideas why?
    It is ubuntu 13.04 I am using, and I did something according to this site to make running Skype possible:
    http://www.webupd8.org/2013/04/fix-s...untu-1304.html
    Is it related as well?
    Thanks.

Beans

Re: Skype is inaccessible - No Activate

I am same problem before, but after that I realize that it is just a 'notfication'.
    To bring back the 'activate' menu, just execute the 'skype' command again and you will find it.