Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 LastLast

Thread: Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga Ultrabook

Beans

Re: Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga Ultrabook

Quote Originally Posted by anton_mellit View Post
    Chromium supports scrolling, pinch zoom and back/forward gestures (at least on 14.04)
    thx.. I had installed just chrome and it doesnt have a working touch capability.

By the way ubuntu-browser has touch capability either.. but too weak as function.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by emin2 View Post
    as I attach HDMI cable I dont have any sound with TV. Does anyone have a solution for it?
    You need to manually go in and select the HDMI as your audio source.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Xaikar View Post
    You need to manually go in and select the HDMI as your audio source.
    I cant see HDMI source under Settings>Sound? I think I have stock driver for ubuntu. How can I find conextant driver ( and install instructions)

Beans

I'm having problems with yoga 2 pro. Sometimes, when the screen turns off automatically after some inactivity time (settings -> brightness & lock -> turn screen off when inactive), it does not turn on afterwards. The backlight turns on, but the screen is black. Also I remeber, in previous versions of ubuntu screen was turnining off slowly with visual affect, so that one could touch the mouse to stop it, now it turns off very fast, which is very inconvient . Does anyone else have such problems?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by strikeoncmputrz View Post
    Jacob, thank you for your instructions. I can confirm that auto-rotation worked with a Yoga 11S. However, the touchscreen input is off by a few inches. I'll take a look at the source tomorrow and see if there is something hardcoded for the Yoga 13's resolution.
    Hey strikeoncmptrz, I'm curious what kind of modifications you made to Jacob's process of getting the rotation working for your 11s. I picked one up a few months ago and i absolutely LOVE this machine. I've spent well above 90% of my time in Linux but for reading ebooks and comic books.

I don't have any experience tinkering with kernel level stuff like modules other than getting lwfinger's wifi driver working. Any advice would be greatly appreciated and I'll report my progress to share with anyone else interested.

Beans

I had this problem too initially, but if you go to chrome://flags you should find an entry for Enable Touch Events. Set it from Automatic to Enabled. Some folks have claimed that they had to touch the screen somewhere before loading Chrome, but I haven't experienced that yet.

In my multi-touch dev sandbox I've putting together I've been able to track and record all digits on the screen.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I updated my Yoga 13 to Ubuntu 14.04 and now I can't get bluetooth to work. The install from https://github.com/lwfinger/rtl8723au_bt says that it installed successfully, but bluetooth still does not work. When I launch the bluetooth manager, all options are greyed out and there is a note in the device list that says "Bluetooth is disabled"

Has anyone got bluetooth working on the Yoga 13 under 14.04? If so, any pointers?

Beans

I run Fedora, which may be somewhat different, but this looks as if Ubuntu 14.04 has the new ideapad_laptop module. This module works fine, but it tends to turn off bluetooth and wifi, and your system may not be turning bluetooth on again.

To see if this is the problem run `rfkill list`. If all the blocked values are no, then there is some other problem. If some values are yes, then this is very likely the problem. You need to `rfkill unblock bluetooth` to get bluetooth back.

peter

Quote Originally Posted by DOS286 View Post
    I updated my Yoga 13 to Ubuntu 14.04 and now I can't get bluetooth to work. The install from https://github.com/lwfinger/rtl8723au_bt says that it installed successfully, but bluetooth still does not work. When I launch the bluetooth manager, all options are greyed out and there is a note in the device list that says "Bluetooth is disabled"

Has anyone got bluetooth working on the Yoga 13 under 14.04? If so, any pointers?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Thanks for the reply peter. I had found many hits mentioning the rfkill list solution. On my machine, the results of rfkill list are variable. Sometimes it lists a "yes" on one or both of the values, but most of the time it's all "no"s. When it lists a "yes", I can change it to all "no"s with the rfkill unblock bluetooth command, but it doesn't actually activate bluetooth. There must be some other issue at play as well. Any ideas what else I can try?

Thanks!

Beans

i have some issues with my yoga 13

1) the orientation script /yoga-laptop isnt working for me ( it starts to execute a orientation program, that doesnt exist)
    update on this one: gyro_3d accel_3d magn_3d always show (0 | 0| 0)
    2) the key to disable my touchpad isnt working
    3) the orientation lock button is just an "o" :O
    4) palm detection for the touchpad is missing
    Last edited by k3ksc0r3; October 9th, 2014 at 03:11 AM.

Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 LastLast