Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Merge Ubuntu Partition with Unallocated Space

Beans

Re: Merge Ubuntu Partition with Unallocated Space

the previous steps worked magic for me. Took a total of 50 minutes on a 250GB hard drive while shuffling about 40GB of space. (I didn't even need to reinstall GRUB as GParted seems to suggest.)

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: Merge Ubuntu Partition with Unallocated Space

Quote Originally Posted by saiprem View Post
    I have Windows and Ubuntu partitions separated by unallocated space. Please see the screenshot. Please, in very simple words, someone tell me step by step how to incorporate the unallocated space into my Ubuntu partition. Windows is on the left and Ubuntu is on the right. Thank you!
    seems like you dont have a /home partition and so everything , even your backups are stored in your /. So, instead of extending your partitions, i suggest you to format that unallocated space to NTFS format so that you can use that space as a file sharing option between windows and ubuntu and store your data there. That would be better.

Just boot to windows, start the disk management utility , if on windows 7, simply right click my computer> manage> there at middle left of window u'll see disk management, click that.
    select the unallocated space, right click and simply create a NTFS partition out of it....

Goodluck
    Regards,WinuxUser

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12