Thread: Mouse, Keyboard, and Freeze/Stuttering Issues

Beans

Angry Mouse, Keyboard, and Freeze/Stuttering Issues

So, I just set up my laptop the other day to dual-boot Win7 and Ubuntu. Love Ubuntu, still trying to get the hang of it and I am noticing some minor issues that are kinda driving me insane, I mean.. its not really anything big, and I apologize if this seems long winded, but I'd really like some input/help here cause these issues are really kinda killing my experience with it all.

1: Mouse (Wireless Logitech)

While I am using my mouse to browse folders, internet etc. it will occasionally act like I just held left click so that wherever I move my mouse it selects text or it will randomly right click at times. If I try to deselect or click off it is unresponsive save for the movement of the cursor. However if I use my touch pad to click off it responds immediately. I'm certain that it can't be the mouse failing since it works flawlessly when using it when I boot into Win7 but only gives me issues when I boot into Ubuntu. I also experienced the same issues with the mouse unplugged and just using the touch pad.

2: Keyboard (Built-in)

Similar issue to the mouse issue, I've found that while I am typing in the Terminal, or the browser etc. either the computer will act as if I just switched windows or occasionally jump down to the bottom of the page and off the box I am typing (currently having to stop every couple lines typing this due to this issue)

3: Freezing

This last one here kinda seems like a really small thing, and kinda like I'm just being impatient, but its kinda aggravating and I'm kinda wondering if it somehow ties in with the other issues. I've been noticing that say I try to close a terminal window or a browser window occasionally it will get stuck there for a good minute and a half, and this is occurring while nothings going on in a window. Everything else will continue to work great, just can minimize, or switch windows, the menu bar still gives options, the launcher bar shows up when I move my mouse over it. Or (since I just decided to try and see what the launcher bar was called and left clicked an icon) when I left click an icon to bring up the "Keep in launcher" option the whole bar just freezes, clicking off it does nothing, but I'm still able to type and everything else right now while staring at a frozen launcher bar.

I wonder if these issues are related at all, kinda seems like Ubuntu is just having some hiccups or something that's causing these (its a wonder I was able to finish this post, since it is giving me these issue while I am typing). Like I said before, sorry if this is overly long, but any and all help will be greatly appreciated. My forehead and desk will thank you.

Beans

Re: Mouse, Keyboard, and Freeze/Stuttering Issues

I guess no one? Anyone have any ideas? Compatibility errors? Maybe something needs to be tweaked or set up? I'm still new to Ubuntu so.. ya..

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: Mouse, Keyboard, and Freeze/Stuttering Issues

I have some similar issues with my mouse on occasion (my trackpad on my laptop is finicky at best, so I use a wireless mouse with my Acer). My mouse just stops responding and I can't click on anything even to shut down the computer. The only saving grace I have is to open a terminal through a run program shortcut (I use XFCE) then do a shutdown. Once I restart, things work fine. Aggravating, but not impossible to work around.

I wish I did have an answer for you on that (and the other issues).. I hope someone else sees this BUMP and helps out soon.