Thread: Video from ONE photograph?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Question Video from ONE photograph?

Hi all, looking for some directions or tips here.

I need to make a short video from one large photograph (digital, obviously) whereby I would show the entire picture (shrank to size), then move a smaller size video frame around to stop and zoom in (back to 1:1 scale) on particular parts of the photo. The "camera" would pause on that spot while the description is narrated, them move onto the next one.

I guess, I could have taken separate pictures of every spot I want to zoom in on and then stitched them together in ffmpeg but that would make the video look disjointed - I would very much like to keep the sense that the spots are linked together. They are, after all, parts of one larger picture. So, the part where the "camera" moves from one spot to another while showing the content of the photo between the points is rather important.

Does anyone have an idea about the best software for doing something like that?

Thanks!
    To Build And Overclock!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu

Re: Video from ONE photograph?

a flash creating program would work best.
    Give yourself 6 months and you will love Ubuntu too!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by syerges View Post
    a flash creating program would work best.
    Flash on Linux? Never done that before. Google brings up a software called F4L - is this the one I should be trying?

Also, I neglected to mention in the original post that the resulting video would end up on Youtube - do they accept Flash videos for upload?

Thanks!
    To Build And Overclock!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu

never created flash on Linux myself so I can't guide you on what's best although it's something I plan on looking into in the future. You should be able to convert flash video fairly easily if youtube doesn't do flash videos... your flash maker may even convert it for you.
    Give yourself 6 months and you will love Ubuntu too!

Beans

such PiTiVi, Kino or Cinelerra, are 2 powerful video editors, according to what I saw is the most complete Kino, try it and says if served.

excuse my English is not my native language.