Re: Linux Mint 12 Installation Boot doesn't Boot

Doesn't work.
    Ricky

WasMeHere is offline Iced Almond Soy Ubuntu, No Foam
    Beans

Quote Originally Posted by rickyLOLZ View Post
    Doesn't work.
    Does any linux work for you? I can not understand from your previous posts, if you have ever run linux before. Did you run Ubuntu 10.04 before?

I suggest that you try various different linux versions of different age, for example Ubuntu 10.04, Linux Mint 9 but also some other distro (Fedora, OpenSuse ...) to find out what can co-operate with your computer. Usually it is easier to make it work via the CD than the USB, but make live USB drives with Unetbootin, if you get tired of burning CDs that won't work!

Knoppix is a version with very good recognition of hardware. It is meant to run live (not to be installed), but it can be made persistent.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 15.04 Vivid Vervet

If you like to install Ubuntu, there is an option. Download the image of Ubuntu minimal installation.
    Then make a bootable USB pendrive, with Netbootin through Windows and try installing it to your computer. If the minimal installation works, then try downloading the full system.

Beans

nomodeset?

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by mips View Post
    nomodeset?
    I recommended nomodeset in the #13 post. I'm not sure if he followed the instructions.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by BC59 View Post
    I recommended nomodeset in the #13 post. I'm not sure if he followed the instructions.
    sorry i did not read the whole thread.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by mips View Post
    sorry i did not read the whole thread.
    No worries, It looks like nomodeset problem, but I don't know if he followed the instructions of the thread.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Quote Originally Posted by Olle Wiklund View Post
    Does any linux work for you? I can not understand from your previous posts, if you have ever run linux before. Did you run Ubuntu 10.04 before?

I suggest that you try various different linux versions of different age, for example Ubuntu 10.04, Linux Mint 9 but also some other distro (Fedora, OpenSuse ...) to find out what can co-operate with your computer. Usually it is easier to make it work via the CD than the USB, but make live USB drives with Unetbootin, if you get tired of burning CDs that won't work!

Knoppix is a version with very good recognition of hardware. It is meant to run live (not to be installed), but it can be made persistent.
    Only Ubuntu 10.04 seems to work, but the internet problem is there.
    Ricky

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by rickyLOLZ View Post
    Only Ubuntu 10.04 seems to work, but the internet problem is there.
    Sorry Ricky, we have walked around in a circle. Now we are back where you started to post a thread about this problem. So I repeat what Olle Wiklund wrote at that time and add some tips afterwards.
    --
    Wired internet works out of the box (almost always). But there are issues with several wireless LAN chips and cards.

Have a look at the following link
    https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WifiDocs/WirelessCardsSupported
    --
    I think the best solution for you is to get a wireless LAN card or adapter that works out of the box according to the 'WifiDocs' link and to continue with Ubuntu 10.04 LTS.

Just an example: I have a Zyxel G-202 wireless USB adapter, and it works out of the box for me with Ubuntu 10.04. However, in order to make it work at full speed, I had to do some tweaking, that I found in a text describing how to make a system run well with ndiswrapper. Maybe the spooler make the difference.
    Last edited by sudodus; January 21st, 2012 at 05:39 PM. Reason: typing error

WasMeHere is offline Iced Almond Soy Ubuntu, No Foam
    Beans

Quote Originally Posted by BC59 View Post
    No worries, It looks like nomodeset problem, but I don't know if he followed the instructions of the thread.
    Ricky, did you try the nomodeset option? If not, try it before resorting to 10.04 LTS + a separate wireless LAN adapter.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123