Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Remastersys 3.0.1-1 for Ubuntu released

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Remastersys 3.0.1-1 for Ubuntu released

I faced the following issue in Remastersys 3.0.1-1:

1. the theme creator although allows to select the Splash image, there needs to be a way by which one can embed a progress indicator on the splash
    2. The remastered OS when Installed, lacks "install this release" icon. Also remastering a DVD based on this installed OS can only be used as Live CD, i.e. its ceases to be an Installer Disk.
    3. One reasons seems to be Ubiquity Front end missing on the Remastered DVD.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

1 - splash has no progress. If you are talking about plymouth then there was an issue with a very early 3.0.0 remastersys test version that had the problem but anything after that will have a progress bar in plymouth.

2 - After install you don't need the install icon. This is why it is removed after install.

3 - ubuntu changed dependencies with newer ubuntu's - the latest remastersys 3.0.2-1 takes this into consideration.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Question Re: Remastersys 3.0.1-1 for Ubuntu released

Quote Originally Posted by Fragadelic View Post

2 - After install you don't need the install icon. This is why it is removed after install.
    Thanks for the quick reply.

Actually what I meant is:

A. I created a custom distro iso based on system 1
    B. I installed that Distro on System 2
    C. I further customized the installation (changed Boot screen, splash screen, etc. using remastersys 3.0.1-1) on System 2 and again created a second distro
    D. Burnt this distro on a DVD and booted on a system 3
    E. Now when I want to install this new Distro (remastered from a remastered distro), I am not able to find the "Install this release" icon on the desktop of the Live CD
    F. Tried to select "Install directly from the Boot Menu", but still it runs in Lice CD mode.
    G. It seems I can remaster a distro only once. Is second level remastering not allowed?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

I remaster multiple times in succession so that is not an issue. This is part of my testing procedure.

Try the new remastersys 3.0.2-1 as there a bunch of little fixes in it for lots of things.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

yeah.... just trying it
    thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Exclamation Re: Remastersys 3.0.1-1 for Ubuntu released

Try the new remastersys 3.0.2-1 as there a bunch of little fixes in it for lots of things.
    I downloaded remastersys_3.0.2-1_all.deb from http://www.remastersys.com/downloads

However while trying to install on 11.04, USC reports the following error:
    The package is of bad quality
    The installation of a package which violates the quality standards isn't allowed. This could cause serious problems on your computer. Please contact the person or organisation who provided this package file and include the details beneath.

Details:
    Lintian check results for /home/dhayfule/Downloads/remastersys_3.0.2-1_all.deb:
    E: remastersys: malformed-deb-archive found 4 members instead of 3

Beans

Hello.

I've got one problem. I installed it via command line with added gpg key, it installed fine but i don't have GUI - i use Ubuntu 11.10 with Unity.

Can you help me? I can only run it from terminal.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

If you just installed it you will have 3.0.2 where thegui is separate. Install remastersys-gtk as well and you will have the gui.

Beans

If you just installed it you will have 3.0.2 where thegui is separate. Install remastersys-gtk as well and you will have the gui.
    Thank you very much. It works. I have installed the latest version (i added repo with it to apt) and now i have giu - i didn't know that it is separate thing and in order to have gui we have to install it.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Quote Originally Posted by [QUOTE=Originally Posted by [B
    Pablo Pablovski[/B]
    Good news...

However, I'm having difficulty in getting the sources working - having added the GPG key and the relevant entries in Synaptic, I get the following error message when I reload the repositories:

Failed to fetch http://www.remastersys.com/ubuntu/dists/natty/InRelease Unable to find expected entry 'main/source/Sources' in Release file (Wrong sources.list entry or malformed file)
    Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.

64 bit 11.04.

The sources.list entries are:

deb http://www.remastersys.com/ubuntu natty main
    deb-src http://www.remastersys.com/ubuntu natty main

Fragadelic;11619016]There is no src on the repo so you can remove that entry.[/QUOTE]

I have the same issue as Pablo. What do you mean by "you can remove that entry".

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12