Thread: Two finger scrolling in dash causes applications to launch

Beans

Two finger scrolling in dash causes applications to launch

Hello everyone,

I have just recently purchased a System 76 gazelle professional, and am relatively new to Linux, and completely new to Ubuntu. I am experiencing a problem when scrolling through applications in the dash when using two-finger scrolling. When doing this, applications get selected and launch, which is very frustrating.

To try to fix it, I initially turned off "Enable mouse clicks with touchpad" in the trackpad settings, and it still happened. I made sure to keep both fingers firmly placed on the track pad while doing this, and still whatever application the cursor happened to be over when it decides to select something, gets selected.

Next, I changed scrolling to the "edge scrolling" mode in the touchpad settings. Strangely enough, the problem didn't happen using this setting. It also doesn't happen if I use the scroll bar on the side of the applications.

Can anybody please offer any help, or at least point me in the right direction? This is very frustrating. Thanks!

-Chase

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Two finger scrolling in dash causes applications to launch

Does it only happen when you scroll at a particular speed, or does it happen regardless of the speed you scroll at? Also, have you since tried reenabling two-finger scrolling?
    Ian Santopietro - System76 Technical Support.
    Open a Support Ticket!
    Ask a Sales Question!

Beans

Re: Two finger scrolling in dash causes applications to launch

It happens no matter what speed I scroll at. I tried really slow, normal speed, and fast and it still happens. It appears to be random, but it does seem to usually select whatever program the cursor is over after I have been scrolling for about one or two seconds.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by reenabling the two-finger scrolling, but if you mean selecting two-finger scrolling again after I changed it to edge scrolling, I have done that. It is currently set to two-finger scrolling again. When I go into the applications area of the dash, I just have to move the actual scroll bar in order to scroll.