Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Logitech G510 Not working :\

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Logitech G510 Not working :\

My usual suggestion for questionable keyboards and mice is to see if the problem moves when the device is used on another PC. If you have a laptop and the keyboard is USB you could try it there. If the problem moves with the keyboard you have your answer.
    Thank a veteran -- George 8)
    Internet Coach & Writer
    Personal Blog -- 3 Joes' Blog

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

its not like i said a hardware problem i use this keyboard every day, but it doesnt even last that long on my ubuntu setup... its been almost a month and only two people have basic suggestions? this is sad
    Hi

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Aflack View Post
    its not like i said a hardware problem i use this keyboard every day, but it doesnt even last that long on my ubuntu setup... its been almost a month and only two people have basic suggestions? this is sad
    No need to get grumpy... this is people trying to help you, i cant see exactly what is going on so its hard to diagnose, its like calling a doctor and saying you have a stuffy nose and a headache it could be any number of things, it could be hardware compatibilty with that specific computer not the OS, it could also be the OS, it might be specific drivers needed that arent available, so maybe more of a description other than that the keys stick after a couple of minutes, also if you google "Logitech G510 Ubuntu" you will find other people with problems....

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by dRounse View Post
    No need to get grumpy... this is people trying to help you, i cant see exactly what is going on so its hard to diagnose, its like calling a doctor and saying you have a stuffy nose and a headache it could be any number of things, it could be hardware compatibilty with that specific computer not the OS, it could also be the OS, it might be specific drivers needed that arent available, so maybe more of a description other than that the keys stick after a couple of minutes, also if you google "Logitech G510 Ubuntu" you will find other people with problems....
    yeah there was 2 people trying to help me after a month of waiting and bumping. and i did google endlessly and nobody has the same problem as me, only different ones. and here i am still with no good replies.
    Hi

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

bump. ive reinstalled the operating system and it still randomly stops working. taking it out and plugging it back in does nothing, even with different usb ports. my ubuntu is updated too.
    Hi

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

bump, someone please HELP ME. i would love to use ubuntu again.
    Hi

Beans

Hello Aflack

I am new to the whole Ubuntu thing but i have a G510 and it is working fine for my currently typing on it. What is the issue you are having, is it that you cant get it to type or is it that you can't get the G keys and LCD to work?

Adam

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12