Thread: Suspend/Resume trouble on MBA (3,2)

Beans

Suspend/Resume trouble on MBA (3,2)

I just installed Ubuntu 11.10 on my macbook air (3,2). Having a problem when closing the lid (or any other time the computer suspends), it doesnt wake properly. The backlight comes up but the screen doesnt seem to wake, I end up having to shut it down and reboot. If you have any ideas on how I could fix this please let me know.

Beans

Re: Suspend/Resume trouble on MBA (3,2)

Does the same issue occur within OS X? If so, it is a hardware issue. If not, we can narrow it down on Ubuntu.

Beans

no, just with ubuntu. it never did it before but i am now running on a single-boot of ubuntu 11.10.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Chriswa View Post
    no, just with ubuntu. it never did it before but i am now running on a single-boot of ubuntu 11.10.
    After a short Google search, this seems to be a known bug.

Beans

Yea, I did see that others have been having the same problem. I am just unsure of how to fix it, I am a bit of a noob.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Chriswa View Post
    Yea, I did see that others have been having the same problem. I am just unsure of how to fix it, I am a bit of a noob.
    You could try the suggestions that are in comments #16 and #18 of the link I posted. Please let us know if it works out for you.

Beans

How do i go about booting into EFI mode, i know if i had Mac OS still installed i could use reflt.