Thread: Inconsistent Boot Times

nmaster is offline Extra Foam Sugar Free Ubuntu
    Beans

Inconsistent Boot Times

I installed ubuntu from the 64-bit minimal cd (I didn't want a desktop environment but instead have a custom Openbox setup).

I've noticed big differences in the boot times reported by bootchart but I'm having trouble interpreting the charts. I've attached bootcharts from a "fast" boot and from a "slow" boot. The fast boot takes 43 seconds and the slow boot takes 67 seconds. The "slow" boot is more typical and usually boots take more than a minute.

One difference I notice is that on the slow boot, I see a switch off between flock and laptop_mode, but I'm not if that is a problem, a symptom of a problem, or no problem at all.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by nmaster; January 15th, 2012 at 06:28 PM.

Beans

Re: Inconsistent Boot Times

does anyone else have similar problems?

Beans

bump

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by nmaster View Post
    I installed ubuntu from the 64-bit minimal cd (I didn't want a desktop environment but instead have a custom Openbox setup).

I've noticed big differences in the boot times reported by bootchart but I'm having trouble interpreting the charts. I've attached bootcharts from a "fast" boot and from a "slow" boot. The fast boot takes 43 seconds and the slow boot takes 67 seconds. The "slow" boot is more typical and usually boots take more than a minute.

One difference I notice is that on the slow boot, I see a switch off between flock and laptop_mode, but I'm not if that is a problem, a symptom of a problem, or no problem at all.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
    1st thing i am unable to see that image .

I think some modules which are not having high priority they may be skipped in fast booting mode .

In slow booting mode i think irrespective of priority all are executing .

So that's make the difference , this is what i am thinking .
    Dont miss anything even it is small. one small pin is enough to bring down a man.