Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Epson v500 scanner

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    r'dam
    Beans
    72
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

    Epson v500 scanner

    Hi all,

    did anybody get this, or a similar type, scanner to work? lsusb lists it as Seiko Epson Corp. Perfection V500 (GT-X770) but no app detects it. I've tried to install iscan-data_1.13.0-1_all.deb > successfully. but iscan_2.28.1-3.ltdl7_amd64.deb won't install at all. as if the software centre couldn't handle it properly..

    would anybody have an idea please?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    r'dam
    Beans
    72
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

    Re: Epson v500 scanner

    nobody?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    r'dam
    Beans
    72
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

    Re: Epson v500 scanner

    ok I got it working, needed to install older packages; also, my software center needed to be reinstalled.

    i needed
    iscan-network-nt_1.1.0-2_amd64.deb iscan-data_1.11.0-1_all.deb iscan_2.27.1-4_amd64.deb

    plus

    libltdl3 from http://askubuntu.com/questions/71137...canner-working

    sorry for asking for support in such a trivial problem

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Beans
    1

    Re: Epson v500 scanner

    This is useful to me as I'm thinking of buying an Epson V500 for scanning negatives - thanks for posting! Have you used it for negative scanning, or are you planning to?

    Dave.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    r'dam
    Beans
    72
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

    Re: Epson v500 scanner

    hello Dave, i'm using it almost exclusively for negatives scanning
    , works great especialy with VueScan - can detect& separate photos on a negative strip

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Beans
    12
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

    Re: Epson v500 scanner

    Quote Originally Posted by debili View Post
    ok I got it working, needed to install older packages; also, my software center needed to be reinstalled.

    i needed
    iscan-network-nt_1.1.0-2_amd64.deb iscan-data_1.11.0-1_all.deb iscan_2.27.1-4_amd64.deb

    plus

    libltdl3 from http://askubuntu.com/questions/71137...canner-working

    sorry for asking for support in such a trivial problem
    Well, I tried all of that in Precise i386 but no joy, the scanner is still not recognised.
    lsusb says:
    Bus 001 Device 008: ID 04b8:0130 Seiko Epson Corp. Perfection V500 (GT-X770)
    so the scanner is there all right.

    I want to upgrade my Lucid distro to precise (64bit) but I am afraid to loose the scanner functionality. I just test it on a laptop now with 32bit Precise.
    Why was a reinstall of the software center necessary? I use a fresh install on this laptop. I will now replace it with an AMD64 version. On the Avasys pages I cannot find any support for Ubuntu 12.04 LTS.

    btw. the link you quouted in your previous post opens a page in Japanese... I'm afraid I cannot read that.

    Any suggestions?
    Thanks in advance.
    Peter

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Beans
    3

    Wink Re: Epson v500 scanner

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter-E View Post
    Well, I tried all of that in Precise i386 but no joy, the scanner is still not recognised.
    lsusb says:
    Bus 001 Device 008: ID 04b8:0130 Seiko Epson Corp. Perfection V500 (GT-X770)
    so the scanner is there all right.

    I want to upgrade my Lucid distro to precise (64bit) but I am afraid to loose the scanner functionality. I just test it on a laptop now with 32bit Precise.
    Why was a reinstall of the software center necessary? I use a fresh install on this laptop. I will now replace it with an AMD64 version. On the Avasys pages I cannot find any support for Ubuntu 12.04 LTS.

    btw. the link you quouted in your previous post opens a page in Japanese... I'm afraid I cannot read that.

    Any suggestions?
    Thanks in advance.
    Peter
    Quote Originally Posted by debili View Post
    Hi all,

    did anybody get this, or a similar type, scanner to work? lsusb lists it as Seiko Epson Corp. Perfection V500 (GT-X770) but no app detects it. I've tried to install iscan-data_1.13.0-1_all.deb > successfully. but iscan_2.28.1-3.ltdl7_amd64.deb won't install at all. as if the software centre couldn't handle it properly..

    would anybody have an idea please?

    I went to the epson web page and downloaded three deb files, which installed via the software tool in ubuntu. You have to install the data one first. But it works brilliantly. I have been scanning and playing with some 6x4.5 negs and general paper scanning. Nowe the only thing I need windoze for is black mesa source.....

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •