Thread: Simple Movie Collection Manager?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Simple Movie Collection Manager?

Hi,

I've ripped all of my DvD Movies and Series to my drive. Now I am looking for something pretty straigt forward to manage all this mess. I was thinking of an application that supports multiple genres and multiple artists. Kindof like any one of the gazillion Audio-Players out there.

So far my search has been without satisfying results.

Banshee comes close. But the lack of multiple genres is really a severe problem. So few movies are only "comedy" without "science fiction" "action" or "romance". Still I want them to show up when looking for either one of the genres. And the search field only uses the name, no other fields. And there is no cover-view for movies. :/

I would love to be able to search by metadata and have a "shelf like" cover-page for them.

Sort of a "beatbox" ( https://launchpad.net/beat-box ) for movies.

Any suggestions?

Thank you all.

Beans

Re: Simple Movie Collection Manager?

Even I would like to know a good movie collection manager. Anybody share their experiences?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I started writing a little app using vala.

https://launchpad.net/moviebox

But I haven't been programming lately since my diplomarbeit is taking up all of my time. I might continue this, once I get it done, a job and find out that I have free time.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

gcstar is in the software center. It can be used to catalog movies, and can import movie data from e.g. imdb.