Thread: Dungeon Keeper 1

Beans

Dungeon Keeper 1

Dear all,

I still have this game on cd here, and recently discovered it under a large pile of dust. The first thing it did is make me remember the good times i had playing this game, good times that i want to have again, so i used wine to install it.

Though installing went well. it didn't work since when i tried to start it i only get a black screen, and after a while the message that a critical error has been made and it closes.

I tried virtualbox as well, but i can only get it working in a very small screen, in which the mouse constantly goes awohl on me. Which isn't very usefull either. So my question is if anyone has ever gotten this game to work on ubuntu, and if they did, how, for i would really like to play this game again.

Thanks in advance,
    Silas

Beans

Re: Dungeon Keeper 1

Thread moved to the "Wine" forum.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

what distro are you running and what version of wine do you have?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

also i was reading that it is a dos game so have you tried running it in DosBox?

Beans

i'll try a dosbox then, haven't tried it yet, for the rest:

Wine 1.3 (updated) and oneiric ocelot (11.10)

Beans

Ok, so i think a dosbox might work, but now i am confronted with another problem.

I'm new on linux/ubuntu, as my post-count might say, and i am quite ashamed that i don't know how to install the dosbox. I stumbled to this site:
    http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/dosbox
    which was the endpoint for a dosbox download, but, unlike windows installations, there isn't a clear .exe that will do all the work for me. soooooo.... How do i proceed :S do i download/install all these files? or should i mess with a terminal code and install all of these files in a single command??

hope you guys/girls can help!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

As far as I remember dosbox is available in ubuntu repostitory so you just open ubuntu software center and look for dosbox or run from a terminal: sudo apt-get install dosbox