Thread: CNN.com Live

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

CNN.com Live

CNN.com has a section of their video player for cable subscribers, which includes a direct stream of their TV station. Everything works fine in Windows 7, but in Ubuntu, all CNN videos work except for the live stream. When I select "unlock," a screen comes up which asks me to select my provider. I select Verizon, and another screen comes up which asks for my user name and password. After putting those in, their player comes up, loads and then puts me right back to the select provider screen. I know I'm using the correct username and password as they work fine in Windows. I've tried everything I can think of - different browsers (Chrome, Firefox), different user agents, downgrading flash, and installing 32 bit flash. Does anybody have a way to fix this?

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: CNN.com Live

Quote Originally Posted by BarfBag View Post
    CNN.com has a section of their video player for cable subscribers, which includes a direct stream of their TV station. Everything works fine in Windows 7, but in Ubuntu, all CNN videos work except for the live stream. When I select "unlock," a screen comes up which asks me to select my provider. I select Verizon, and another screen comes up which asks for my user name and password. After putting those in, their player comes up, loads and then puts me right back to the select provider screen. I know I'm using the correct username and password as they work fine in Windows. I've tried everything I can think of - different browsers (Chrome, Firefox), different user agents, downgrading flash, and installing 32 bit flash. Does anybody have a way to fix this?
    Are you blocking cookies? If so, the browser probably won't be able to store the authorizations... If cookies allowed in general, check to see if CNN is specifically blocked.
    If it uses flash, have you turned off any flash options for storage, third source data (which might be from whence the stream comes)?
    Might want to check those options, reload the page & try again.

IF it works afterwards, be sure to use the thread tools to mark the thread Solved

Good luck!
    Last edited by spacecheck; January 10th, 2012 at 11:34 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

I'm using linux mint which has flash and all the CNN videos are flash and they all play well except like BarfBag said before the live stream. Any other ideas. Could it be the codecs being used, perhaps microsoft silver light with the drm that is being used?

Beans

unfortunately, I live outside the US and can't check it. I would verify that it has rights to store data on your computer (right click the flash applet and go to settings)