Page 94 of 128 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast

Thread: Wayland Live CD

Beans

Re: Wayland Live CD

Interesting layout - seems its still very early on but the way the things that do work are fast and smooth
    the terminal was odd for me - it cut the bottom line of text in half - very annoying
    But the weston-terminal fires up ok and that works fine .........

Could not see an install - but I do not think its complete yet.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Keith, do you know of any way to install maui ?

Beans

Only way I have run things like this before today is as a live boot off the main drive ..... but its not
    a proper install .........

I did notice there was an install in one of the directories for this though ..... but seeing it appears to
    be incomplete - I did not even attempt to try it out ........... which is unusual I know ...... as I would
    have liked to see more of this and add to it .........

Instead I went to Enlightenment and started to compile that as I know they are pretty far on with
    wayland too .... and I did keep seeing references to it during the compile of the first 9 packages.

was from here for that thought ...... http://www.enlightenment.org/p.php?p=about&l=en

With maui - think I will just wait a while longer - to see if they add a proper install at boot up ... from the
    livecd ..... http://www.maui-project.org/en/download/

Latest News I found on it ...... not based on Arch anymore .....
    http://www.maui-project.org/en/news/...iso-available/

cannot risk making a mess of my drive at the moment as everything is running so well

Maybe need to buy a new usb drive to try more things out ...... mmmmmm

Back with rbos

1 installed it again .....
    2 did a safe-upgrade on the system
    3 went into saucy and grabbed the newer libc
    4 dropped back into raring
    5 ran the update-rbos
    6 compile_all
    7 update-rbos build

seems to be running through ok .

Will tell when I have to reboot as times before after the build something was
    missing from the kernel and it would just bail out at the very start of boot
    into initramfs ...... leaving me with few options other than to re-install again.

looking good so far as not seeing any errors on the build yet ...... still building though ....

Code:
    qtx11extras REVISION be0436b2c728e84cd574a9819872336a7fc04121 (qt5 submodule)
    qtxmlpatterns REVISION 3606f287cb1b86960b39e48e7b3c681a2c3465a8 (qt5 submodule)

(Reading database ... 263356 files and directories currently installed.)
    Preparing to replace qt5-rbos 1-1370197133 (using .../qt5-rbos_1-1370197133_i386.deb) ...
    Unpacking replacement qt5-rbos ...
    Setting up qt5-rbos (1-1370197133) ...
    DebInstall finished in 10 seconds
    building qtwayland
    qtwayland REVISION 894adf8a447865119be7c6c4d01577d8032f4177
    This is as far as it gets - then it just hangs ..... no messages and no activity ... not reading in
    other wise I would see the ammount of free space changing ... and nothing showin on HTOP
    to show any activity is taking place ..... so what now ?
    Last edited by 23dornot23d; June 4th, 2013 at 03:31 PM. Reason: Added building RBOS again - after all this is abour RB ,,, although quite a lot of interestin things happening in wayland now

Beans

Rebooted and at least it still runs with wayland coming up .... but all the dialogue boxes are empty

so cannot login

I can still switch terminals with Ctrl+Alt+F2
    and run startx though

The system is still good ....... for both X and Wayland ..... just need a way to login to wayland again now.
    Last edited by 23dornot23d; June 4th, 2013 at 05:11 PM. Reason: added pic

Beans
    Distro

I don't have the new or old one working any more after I did update, like you said about maui, wait and see what new pops up,

burning out my HD with all this reinstalling.

Beans

The thing is understanding how the data gets passed at start up for the Login

I have 4 users set on this machine now ......... and its still not displaying any user in the dialogue box

Since I went up to the new glibc ..... seems odd as everything else looks ok now ........

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by 23dornot23d View Post
    The thing is understanding how the data gets passed at start up for the Login

I have 4 users set on this machine now ......... and its still not displaying any user in the dialogue box

Since I went up to the new glibc ..... seems odd as everything else looks ok now ........
    Are you using the new one or the one before ?

Beans

I am using the latest one for this .... downloaded a day or so back ..... it still does not record
    using the (windows key and R though) .

I think the only one that I have that did that was the march one that I downloaded and that did
    not have this newer login on it ........

I am also having a look at Manjaro ... to see whether that can be updated and get wayland running
    on it .... did a search here ... yet to look to see if it works though
    http://www.google.co.uk/search?clien...HvHYLbOqjFgaAG
    Last edited by 23dornot23d; June 4th, 2013 at 09:15 PM. Reason: Options ..... looking at Manjaro as a test for getting a version running where I can understand what is happening.

Beans
    Distro

Funny! My Manjaro just gave me probs with the 3.9 kernel, says modules not loaded but the 3.7 works ok, guess I should install the new one that came out a few days ago.

I did try wayland with Arch Bang but the Qt5 stuff would not compile. Let me know how it goes with Manjaro, maybe I'll try it.

Beans

Manjaro from the LiveDvd works well and picks up the hardware .... wifi is spot on and I have
    had problems previously with wifi on this computer - the graphics too picked up bumblebee
    which sets the graphics up for this crazy dual graphics card setup .....

Installed it and although you can set the resolution to 1280 x 720 it puts the dock in the centre of the
    screen as it sets the desktop up for 640 x 480 res ........ works ok but the dock will have to go
    until they fix this .... obviously not right .....

Running Wayland ....... looks like the older version .... have included the terminal and readout of what is happening here.

__________________________________________________ ____

This is where I got to on RB .... still not sorted though ... although everything else runs fine in Saucy

3 desktops in one RB Weston/wayland + KDE + Gnome Shell 3.8

Got to see if I can sort something out today.
    Will let you know when I get time to do the install .
    Last edited by 23dornot23d; June 5th, 2013 at 05:19 PM.

Page 94 of 128 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast