Thread: How is GNOME Software Center better than Ubuntu Software Center?

Beans

How is GNOME Software Center better than Ubuntu Software Center?

I just want to vent out my frustration on how useless GNOME Software Center is compared to Ubuntu Software Center.

GSC is a nightmare to use, I'm sorry, but what makes GS better than USC? To me, it's like Canonical sacrificed functionality with speed when they replaced USC with GSC.

GSC might be faster than USC in installing software, but it's slow when searching the repos for software, not to mention that it doesn't list all of the software in Ubuntu's repos, it becomes unresponsive, that annoying circle is a constant reminder of that, especially when searching the repos, installing software and updates, it doesn't list down what was installed and uninstalled, it doesn't or refuses to install .deb files.

I avoid GSC like a plague because of how useless it is to use, it maybe be faster than USC when installing software, but it's unresponsive and it lacks the functionality that made USC useful.

For installing software, I use Synaptic Package Manager, and for installing .deb files, I use GDebi Package Installer.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: How is GNOME Software Center better than Ubuntu Software Center?

Thread moved to {forum for better support}.