Page 92 of 128 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast

Thread: Wayland Live CD

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: Wayland Live CD

Passing the 'build' option to test update-rbos is probably the thing I test the least. I really only have update-rbos so that in my testing (and in that testing I don't specify the build option, because when I rebuild everything, I run my external build scripts), I can easily get the latest scripts onto my virtualbox test host, and my test laptop for instance if I change the login manager, or just one build script, so I don't have to wait for mksquashfs and everything just for one change to make a new ISO.

Maybe some packages failed to build, but it replaced the installed *rbos packages. This could have happened now that I install all built software as .debs with checkinstall in my scripts...
    The glass is at 50% of its capacity.

Beans

I went through the list manually and installed all the *-rbos ones ......
    I also copied back the files missing into the opt directory - but am missing links to
    some shared files .... so somehow I need to build them back into the opt/bin directory.

Will keep this as it is for the time being ..... at some point in the future will do another
    install with a later build ..... am quite happy with this at the moment - is something to
    work with and understand how the files all work together - learning all the time and
    I tend to be [OC]D on things .... will treat it as a puzzle ..... more fun that way

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Did you take a look at /usr/bin/compile_all ?

Beans

Thanks trying that now - and seems to be working ok

Cheers ....
    Last edited by 23dornot23d; June 1st, 2013 at 10:12 PM.

Beans

One problem with the build ........ Glib needs a more updated version
    ( the other was my hard drive decided to wobble its way off the edge of the computer - BANG ... what was that .... solid state and luckily all that seems to have happened
    was the compiling stopped dead in its tracks .... yet to see if there are any other problems with it ......... but back to compiling again )

Code:
    checking whether build environment is sane... yes
    checking for BASE_DEPENDENCIES... no
    configure: error: Package requirements (glib-2.0 >= 2.37.0) were not met:

Requested 'glib-2.0 >= 2.37.0' but version of GLib is 2.36.0

Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you
    installed software in a non-standard prefix.

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables BASE_DEPENDENCIES_CFLAGS
    and BASE_DEPENDENCIES_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.
    See the pkg-config man page for more details.
    root@keith-K53SV:/srcbuild/gdk-pixbuf#
    guessing the follow up errors are all relating to the first .... so need that sorting then try again

Code:
    checking pkg-config is at least version 0.9.0... yes
    checking for HARFBUZZ... yes
    checking for FONTCONFIG... no
    no
    checking for CoreText availability... no
    checking for CAIRO... yes
    checking which cairo font backends could be used... none
    configure: Disabling cairo support
    configure: error: *** Could not enable any backends.
    *** Must have at least one backend to build Pango.
    root@keith-K53SV:/srcbuild/pango#
    So how do we get the latest version of Glib and why is it not being pulled in .....

https://www.google.co.uk/search?clie...w=1306&bih=720

Keeping this here ...... as I need to put all the above files removed back into place after the upgrade .....

Then will see if this works ..... again ..... long build and Texlive throws up some problems - so reinstalled
    afer too ......

rbos-cogl also needed removing to do the build - plus wings3d ..... these also need putting back at the
    very end of the install before rebooting ( making sure everything seems ok - before the rebboot )

Tried this twice .... the second time was a disaster , something may have changed - advice to any one
    thinking of doing the same to be ready to do a complete re-install of RB if things should mess up .
    Last edited by 23dornot23d; June 2nd, 2013 at 07:59 PM. Reason: warning added - as this can mess up the system - re-install takes around 30 mins from the RB latest DVD

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Did you try

/usr/bin/Compile/glib
    ?

Beans

Have not as that caused me problems once before that I could not resolve ..... http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...0#post11824180

But we have Wayland now running its latest kernel .......

and glib is the correct one now ......

The problems for me getting the menu working are not over yet though .... so will spend some time on the rest of the compiles
    some still need completing ..... and then will install them using gdebi ..... the *-rbos ones ,,,, think that may work .

Code:
    keith@keith-K53SV:~$ dpkg -l libglib* | grep ii
    ii  libglib-perl                         3:1.280-3                                  i386         interface to the GLib and GObject libraries                                                    
    ii  libglib2.0-0:i386                    2.37.0-0ubuntu2                            i386         GLib library of C routines                                                                     
    ii  libglib2.0-bin                       2.37.0-0ubuntu2                            i386         Programs for the GLib library                                                                  
    ii  libglib2.0-cil                       2.12.10-5                                  i386         CLI binding for the GLib utility library 2.12                                                  
    ii  libglib2.0-data                      2.37.0-0ubuntu2                            all          Common files for GLib library                                                                  
    ii  libglib2.0-dev                       2.37.0-0ubuntu2                            i386         Development files for the GLib library                                                         
    ii  libglib2.0-doc                       2.37.0-0ubuntu2                            all          Documentation files for the GLib library                                                       
    ii  libglibmm-2.4-1c2a:i386              2.36.2-1                                   i386         C++ wrapper for the GLib toolkit (shared libraries)                                            
    keith@keith-K53SV:~$
    Last edited by 23dornot23d; June 2nd, 2013 at 08:00 PM.

Beans

Some of the build packages look as if they are for enlightenment .......

is there another repository for bringing in the E17 packages ?
    otherwise somethings will not build - not everything is used though
    I would expect somethings are for demos maybe ....

Code:
    checking for clearenv... yes
    checking for ELEMENTARY... no
    configure: error: Package requirements (
        eina >= 1.6.99
        eet >= 1.6.99
        evas >= 1.6.99
        ecore >= 1.6.99
        ecore-evas >= 1.6.99
        ecore-file >= 1.6.99
        ecore-input >= 1.6.99
        edje >= 1.6.99
        eo

) were not met:

Requested 'eina >= 1.6.99' but version of Eina is 1.2.0
    Requested 'eet >= 1.6.99' but version of eet is 1.6.0
    No package 'evas' found
    No package 'ecore' found
    No package 'ecore-evas' found
    No package 'ecore-file' found
    No package 'ecore-input' found
    No package 'edje' found
    No package 'eo' found

Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you
    installed software in a non-standard prefix.
    Will carry on building what I can - but put the files one here that do not build ....

How do I set up the symbols ...... ?
    says undefined symbols now.

Code:
    libEGL warning: failed to create a pipe screen for i965
    libEGL warning: failed to create DRM screen
    /opt/bin/weston-terminal: symbol lookup error: /opt/bin/weston-terminal: undefined symbol: cairo_egl_device_create
    [06:23:46.752] libwayland: disconnect from client 0x9b759a0
    child 12680 exited
    Last edited by 23dornot23d; June 2nd, 2013 at 05:26 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

After runniing update-rblos on May 24 version login manager don't work, just recycles back to login manager.
    Is there any way to fix this ?

Beans

Not something I have sussed out yet - that too was my problem .......

This is why I am trying to work out what order things go in .........

westoncaller ....... opens a window for working in ...........

.config/weston.ini ......... puts the icons on the top bar and allows the commands under them .......

but the middle bit gets me ..... somehow the information to start the program needs sending somewhere and its not happening for me
    even tried doing double commands to get the weston-terminal to open in the window but its not working

http://breckyunits.net/run_multiple_commands_at_once

/usr/bin/westoncaller & /usr/bin/weston-terminal

expected that to fire a terminal in the weston window so at least I could work from it .......... but nope ........
    Last edited by 23dornot23d; June 2nd, 2013 at 06:47 AM.

Page 92 of 128 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast