Page 80 of 114 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast
Results 791 to 800 of 1139

Thread: Wayland Live CD

  1. #791
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Beans
    87

    Re: Wayland Live CD

    Quote Originally Posted by cecilpierce View Post
    @lehjr

    Hey!
    Haven't seen you in awhile, I was looking at 'Green Island' seems very interesting, wish I could figure it out and try it but it seems complicated.

    Maybe nerdopolis will stick it in RBLOS, hint,hint!!!
    I hate to admit it, but I've been rather uninterested not because of lack of progress, but rather the lack of any sign of adoption any time soon. I find it rather disturbing that nerdopolis has done far more work to get Wayland working on Ubuntu than Canonical has, not that I don't appreciate the effort, I just think Ubuntu devs need to get moving on this, especially with that disaster called windows 8 and the resulting effort to get Steam on Linux. I think Canonical is just waiting for someone else to do all the work so they can package it up and profit from it, which isn't really that uncommon.

  2. #792
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Miami FL USA
    Beans
    1,234
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Wayland Live CD

    Quote Originally Posted by lehjr View Post
    I hate to admit it, but I've been rather uninterested not because of lack of progress, but rather the lack of any sign of adoption any time soon. I find it rather disturbing that nerdopolis has done far more work to get Wayland working on Ubuntu than Canonical has, not that I don't appreciate the effort, I just think Ubuntu devs need to get moving on this, especially with that disaster called windows 8 and the resulting effort to get Steam on Linux. I think Canonical is just waiting for someone else to do all the work so they can package it up and profit from it, which isn't really that uncommon.
    Yep im getting kind of tired of the way Ubuntu is going, I have wayland running fair in Arch (Manjaro) but can't find out much about Green Island.
    Maybe I'll look into Bridge or ArchBang, they have some wiki's on how to install Green Island but so far I can't figure it out!

  3. #793
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Beans
    296
    Distro
    Kubuntu

    Re: Wayland Live CD

    Quote Originally Posted by cecilpierce View Post
    @lehjr

    Hey!
    Haven't seen you in awhile, I was looking at 'Green Island' seems very interesting, wish I could figure it out and try it but it seems complicated.

    Maybe nerdopolis will stick it in RBLOS, hint,hint!!!

    Aww... I'm getting all kinds of cmake errors on their repositories...
    The glass is at 50% of its capacity.


  4. #794
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Beans
    87

    Re: Wayland Live CD

    Quote Originally Posted by cecilpierce View Post
    Yep im getting kind of tired of the way Ubuntu is going, I have wayland running fair in Arch (Manjaro) but can't find out much about Green Island.
    Maybe I'll look into Bridge or ArchBang, they have some wiki's on how to install Green Island but so far I can't figure it out!
    Good luck. I've tried distro hopping with minimal success. I tried using Fedora, but it no longer has the polish it once did and overall just feels lazy and uninspired, as does OpenSUSE ( which is actually worse). I've actually been using Mint ( Cinnamon ) for a couple years now, as it gives me the stability of Ubuntu, without the annoying GUI and adware. However, since the version I use is based on Ubuntu, it's unlikely that it will use Wayland unless Ubuntu does.

  5. #795
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Miami FL USA
    Beans
    1,234
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Wayland Live CD

    Quote Originally Posted by nerdopolis View Post
    Aww... I'm getting all kinds of cmake errors on their repositories...
    Really? I guess I might as well forget trying it then if you can't do it nobody can!

    Good luck, let me know how it works out.

  6. #796
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Beans
    87

    Re: Wayland Live CD

    Quote Originally Posted by nerdopolis View Post
    Aww... I'm getting all kinds of cmake errors on their repositories...
    Not a good sign. Wait, "In order to build and install Green Island, you will need a complete and up to date Wayland..."

    Last I knew, they were using Wayland 0.95, at least according to the Phoronix article, but maybe they updated since then.

  7. #797
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Miami FL USA
    Beans
    1,234
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Wayland Live CD

    Quote Originally Posted by lehjr View Post
    Not a good sign. Wait, "In order to build and install Green Island, you will need a complete and up to date Wayland..."

    Last I knew, they were using Wayland 0.95, at least according to the Phoronix article, but maybe they updated since then.
    Did alot of reading and github looks like its got ver 1.0.0. That was on Arch, too much for me to handle...

  8. #798
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Miami FL USA
    Beans
    1,234
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Wayland Live CD

    Quote Originally Posted by nerdopolis View Post
    Aww... I'm getting all kinds of cmake errors on their repositories...
    Any luck with Green Island ?

  9. #799
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Beans
    87

    Re: Wayland Live CD

    Quote Originally Posted by cecilpierce View Post
    Any luck with Green Island ?
    I think Green Island might be one of those projects slightly out of practical reach at the moment, not that it won't be useful, just that it will take some work to get there.

  10. #800
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Miami FL USA
    Beans
    1,234
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Wayland Live CD

    @neropolis

    Is the volume control working? Could not get it to come up when playing on you tube...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 80 of 114 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •