Page 80 of 114 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast

Thread: Wayland Live CD

Beans

Re: Wayland Live CD

Quote Originally Posted by cecilpierce View Post
    @lehjr

Hey!
    Haven't seen you in awhile, I was looking at 'Green Island' seems very interesting, wish I could figure it out and try it but it seems complicated.

Maybe nerdopolis will stick it in RBLOS, hint,hint!!!
    I hate to admit it, but I've been rather uninterested not because of lack of progress, but rather the lack of any sign of adoption any time soon. I find it rather disturbing that nerdopolis has done far more work to get Wayland working on Ubuntu than Canonical has, not that I don't appreciate the effort, I just think Ubuntu devs need to get moving on this, especially with that disaster called windows 8 and the resulting effort to get Steam on Linux. I think Canonical is just waiting for someone else to do all the work so they can package it up and profit from it, which isn't really that uncommon.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by lehjr View Post
    I hate to admit it, but I've been rather uninterested not because of lack of progress, but rather the lack of any sign of adoption any time soon. I find it rather disturbing that nerdopolis has done far more work to get Wayland working on Ubuntu than Canonical has, not that I don't appreciate the effort, I just think Ubuntu devs need to get moving on this, especially with that disaster called windows 8 and the resulting effort to get Steam on Linux. I think Canonical is just waiting for someone else to do all the work so they can package it up and profit from it, which isn't really that uncommon.
    Yep im getting kind of tired of the way Ubuntu is going, I have wayland running fair in Arch (Manjaro) but can't find out much about Green Island.
    Maybe I'll look into Bridge or ArchBang, they have some wiki's on how to install Green Island but so far I can't figure it out!

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

@lehjr

Hey!
    Haven't seen you in awhile, I was looking at 'Green Island' seems very interesting, wish I could figure it out and try it but it seems complicated.

Maybe nerdopolis will stick it in RBLOS, hint,hint!!!

Aww... I'm getting all kinds of cmake errors on their repositories...
    The glass is at 50% of its capacity.

Beans

Yep im getting kind of tired of the way Ubuntu is going, I have wayland running fair in Arch (Manjaro) but can't find out much about Green Island.
    Maybe I'll look into Bridge or ArchBang, they have some wiki's on how to install Green Island but so far I can't figure it out!
    Good luck. I've tried distro hopping with minimal success. I tried using Fedora, but it no longer has the polish it once did and overall just feels lazy and uninspired, as does OpenSUSE ( which is actually worse). I've actually been using Mint ( Cinnamon ) for a couple years now, as it gives me the stability of Ubuntu, without the annoying GUI and adware. However, since the version I use is based on Ubuntu, it's unlikely that it will use Wayland unless Ubuntu does.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by nerdopolis View Post
    Really? I guess I might as well forget trying it then if you can't do it nobody can!

Good luck, let me know how it works out.

Beans

Not a good sign. Wait, "In order to build and install Green Island, you will need a complete and up to date Wayland..."

Last I knew, they were using Wayland 0.95, at least according to the Phoronix article, but maybe they updated since then.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by lehjr View Post
    Not a good sign. Wait, "In order to build and install Green Island, you will need a complete and up to date Wayland..."

Last I knew, they were using Wayland 0.95, at least according to the Phoronix article, but maybe they updated since then.
    Did alot of reading and github looks like its got ver 1.0.0. That was on Arch, too much for me to handle...

Beans
    Distro

Any luck with Green Island ?

Beans

Any luck with Green Island ?
    I think Green Island might be one of those projects slightly out of practical reach at the moment, not that it won't be useful, just that it will take some work to get there.

Beans
    Distro

@neropolis

Is the volume control working? Could not get it to come up when playing on you tube...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 80 of 114 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast