Page 77 of 117 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast
Results 761 to 770 of 1168

Thread: Wayland Live CD

  1. #761
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Miami FL USA
    Beans
    1,235
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Wayland Live CD

    From grub I use /boot/vmlinuz root=/dev/sdb7 ro single to go to tty1 and then type westoncaller but it will only run with sudo.

    Why not as user instead of root ?

  2. #762
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Beans
    296
    Distro
    Kubuntu

    Re: Wayland Live CD

    Quote Originally Posted by cecilpierce View Post
    From grub I use /boot/vmlinuz root=/dev/sdb7 ro single to go to tty1 and then type westoncaller but it will only run with sudo.

    Why not as user instead of root ?
    you would probably want to run
    Code:
    /opt/bin/weston-launch
    if you are running it on bare hardware like that. It needs permissions. /opt/bin/weston-launch is setuid.
    The glass is at 50% of its capacity.


  3. #763
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Miami FL USA
    Beans
    1,235
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Wayland Live CD

    I will try that next time, I checked the error from tty1 and it said, fatal: failed to create compositorping.

  4. #764
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Miami FL USA
    Beans
    1,235
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Wayland Live CD

    @ nerdopolis,

    Hows it going, have you had any luck with xwm-client ?

    I spent 6 hours trying to complie weston on Arch, what a mess, all I get is a window with 3 icons that do nothing but had some errors in the compile and I didn't know how to fix them, oh well, good luck, later.

    p.s. RBLOS is working great with the 3.7+ kernel, little trouble with icons, had to make my own, xpm's don't work?
    Last edited by cecilpierce; December 12th, 2012 at 05:15 PM. Reason: ps

  5. #765
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Beans
    296
    Distro
    Kubuntu

    Re: Wayland Live CD

    Quote Originally Posted by cecilpierce View Post
    @ nerdopolis,

    Hows it going, have you had any luck with xwm-client ?

    I spent 6 hours trying to complie weston on Arch, what a mess, all I get is a window with 3 icons that do nothing but had some errors in the compile and I didn't know how to fix them, oh well, good luck, later.

    p.s. RBLOS is working great with the 3.7+ kernel, little trouble with icons, had to make my own, xpm's don't work?
    I'm not the developer of xwm-client, I just tried to compile it. It was a bit unstable, but the developer made some changes recently, which I might test out.

    I think the icon support in weston-desktop-shell is minimal. It's really only a sample interface
    The glass is at 50% of its capacity.


  6. #766
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Miami FL USA
    Beans
    1,235
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Wayland Live CD

    @ nerdopolis

    What are the two new files in svn "*configure_phase1.sh and *configure_phase2.sh" ?
    Any new iso's in the works ?
    Last edited by cecilpierce; December 16th, 2012 at 10:12 PM.

  7. #767
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Beans
    296
    Distro
    Kubuntu

    Re: Wayland Live CD

    Quote Originally Posted by cecilpierce View Post
    @ nerdopolis

    What are the two new files in svn "*configure_phase1.sh and *configure_phase2.sh" ?
    Any new iso's in the works ?
    configure_phase1.sh and configure_phase2.sh have pretty much always been there. They have to do with the ISO system configuration and build
    The glass is at 50% of its capacity.


  8. #768
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Miami FL USA
    Beans
    1,235
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Wayland Live CD

    Haven't seen much in awhile, wondering how its going?

  9. #769
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Beans
    296
    Distro
    Kubuntu

    Re: Wayland Live CD

    Quote Originally Posted by cecilpierce View Post
    Haven't seen much in awhile, wondering how its going?
    I think I just fixed a DNS issue with the CD.

    As far as Wayland goes, I changed the way I built QT so that now the QT applications don't needlessly connect to X when using qtwayland, and also changed the way I built it so now I get test web browsers (minimal, but native wayland web browsers!) I also added more GTK to the CD, as lots work.


    I will probably release a new ISO once I start building kde-baseapps (and possibly kde-workspace) against kdelibs frameworks to get real native KDE wayland apps. Hopefully after I build KDE, I can get a native Wayland application launcher working, which will therefore have Wayland environment variables, to run Wayland apps easier.

    (the problem is the current application launcher is an X app, and it has to have the Wayland variables unset)
    The glass is at 50% of its capacity.


  10. #770
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Miami FL USA
    Beans
    1,235
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Wayland Live CD

    Quote Originally Posted by nerdopolis View Post
    I think I just fixed a DNS issue with the CD.

    As far as Wayland goes, I changed the way I built QT so that now the QT applications don't needlessly connect to X when using qtwayland, and also changed the way I built it so now I get test web browsers (minimal, but native wayland web browsers!) I also added more GTK to the CD, as lots work.


    I will probably release a new ISO once I start building kde-baseapps (and possibly kde-workspace) against kdelibs frameworks to get real native KDE wayland apps. Hopefully after I build KDE, I can get a native Wayland application launcher working, which will therefore have Wayland environment variables, to run Wayland apps easier.

    (the problem is the current application launcher is an X app, and it has to have the Wayland variables unset)
    Thanks, would like to try it.

Page 77 of 117 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •