Page 11 of 128 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Wayland Live CD

Beans

Re: Wayland Live CD

I found that too the printscreen key used to give a screenshot and now its black .... but I found this to be the case in my other Precise Upgrade too
    and as you say ksnapshot works .... thats what I have been using ...
    I actually prefer it as I can choose to save as jpegs ..... prefer these to the pngs for posting on the web as they are compressed and faster to display .....
    also taking less to load up on web pages ....

Will have another play today .....

I might try it on my older laptop as that way I am not fighting with the display manager so much ...... with ironhide and the integrated display = I am never quite sure
    what is running ..... Nvidia or Intel for my graphics .....

Looking forward to seeing this develop ..... was hoping more people would take part in it.

There are quite a few videos on You-Tube now and Rebecca Black had been downloaded 760 times .... so there is some interest in it .....
    and looking at the views on this thread its up in the 4 thousands already ......
    Last edited by 23dornot23d; February 6th, 2012 at 04:47 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Hi. I finally have an updated ISO with EFL now, and multiple fixes, and a newer version of Wayland with the input redirection patches, as those patches where applied after the old ISO was made.

Wayland even works to some degree on my box on VirtualBox, nested under X. I still have some glitches, but I don't know if thats because of the fact I don't have a CPU with virtualization that makes it flaky or not

http://sourceforge.net/projects/rebe...2.iso/download

EDIT: It allows you to try to start directly to Wayland, running as ROOT, but it ends up hanging. I JUST found out why, and it's because I'm missing the HOME variable, once it starts from init. I'll have a new ISO with that fix... soon...
    Last edited by nerdopolis; February 9th, 2012 at 03:46 AM.
    The glass is at 50% of its capacity.

Beans

Downloading now cheers ....

Had a go at making my own and its not that easy - was telling me I was missing xcb - even though its installed .... may be the dev version is not picked up ( was in v9 of Mint - so lots of other dependancies too which were sorted - but am happy to be able to download the latest version already done ).

Glad you have done the hard work for us all to share .... with this ....

Learned that the Nouveau driver needs to be used with Nvidia for it to work properly too.
    As I got a checkerboard effect on my Nvidia GS 9300 M in my older laptop .... will try this
    new version out later as its going to take 1 hour at least to download.

Installed and working well .... like it ..... using with Nvidia 9300 too and it is fine .... will post some screenshots later
    but initial tests .... the programs run and the display looks good ....

Last edited by 23dornot23d; February 9th, 2012 at 08:51 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Well I bought and returned 3 hard drives this week, 2 were sata's and for some reason my bios would not see them. Broke down and got a pata (ide) 250G and the same day a friend gave me 3 old compaq computers and one had a 250G hard drive so I took the new one back to the store, (I need the money for beer).

So Im D/L the new and improved RBL.
    I see a few people dont care for RB on another thread, wonder why ?

Keith are you using nvidia driver with your GS 9300 or nouveau ?

Beans

Using Nouveau with this .... not installed any other graphics drivers ...... just running straight from a clean install and everything is looking good so far.

Second video on here is interesting .... the rotating frames ..... and windows ...... not sure of any uses - yet ...... maybe good if you want to show someone something without having to pick the laptop up and spin it around ..... you just pick the picture or text or editor..... whatever ....

http://www.ubuntuvibes.com/2012/02/l...ay-server.html

But if the graphics are new and built from the ground up - then hopefully the 3D is in there too ...... this is my main want ...... a way to manipulate graphics
    hopefully it will get me into working with the QT designer ..... have had a play with it before and found it quite good .... as I wanted to use it inside of Blender.

https://sites.google.com/site/progra...nts/project001
    Last edited by 23dornot23d; February 9th, 2012 at 03:57 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Just got it, first site said 6 hours

Picked a mirror from Australia and it only took 15 minutes !

Had another project going - leaky bathtub faucets, didnt have the right socket, bummer, call a plumber
    Last edited by cecilpierce; February 9th, 2012 at 05:58 PM. Reason: miss typed

Beans

Will check back later hopefully you will not be floating on a table top drinking beer while waiting for the last
    of Rebecca Black to arrive on your laptop ..... plumbing is one of those jobs I too prefer to give to a professional .....

@Nerdopolis .....

What command is used to rotate the edit windows etc ..... ?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Post Re: Wayland Live CD

Quote Originally Posted by 23dornot23d View Post
    Will check back later hopefully you will not be floating on a table top drinking beer while waiting for the last
    of Rebecca Black to arrive on your laptop ..... plumbing is one of those jobs I too prefer to give to a professional .....

@Nerdopolis .....

What command is used to rotate the edit windows etc ..... ?
    press and hold Super-alt-left click to rotate the window
    press and hold Super-left click to move the Window

Beans

Ok cheers for that .... smooth ....

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by 23dornot23d View Post
    Ok cheers for that .... smooth ....

I forgot to say, in the Wayland panel, click on the icon that looks like two overlapping windows, and see what comes up.

Page 11 of 128 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast