Thread: Wireless Network

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Wireless Network

Hi,

i want to create a wireless network(protected) using my laptop's wireless so that other devices(other laptops and cellphones) could connect to internet through my laptop, while i connect directly through ethernet cable.

i've Dell Inspiron 1545 with a
    Code:
    :~ $lspci -vnn | grep 14e4
    0c:00.0 Network controller [0280]: Broadcom Corporation BCM4312 802.11b/g LP-PHY [14e4:4315] (rev 01)
    how can i do this?

Beans
    Distro

Re: Wireless Network

someone? any one? :s

i'm using ubuntu maverick. i don't want any DHCP or DNS settings to be enabled, i just want a password protected network that would enable other devices to directly connect to internet without having to setup proxy settings or any thing like that.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by faixan View Post
    Hi,

:~ $lspci -vnn | grep 14e4
    0c:00.0 Network controller [0280]: Broadcom Corporation BCM4312 802.11b/g LP-PHY [14e4:4315] (rev 01)

Please take a moment to look over this How to fix your wifi post #44 hope that this helps
    Joseph
    Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men, even when they exercise influence and not authority

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by josephmills View Post
    Please take a moment to look over this How to fix your wifi post #44 hope that this helps
    Joseph
    hi, thanks for referring me, but from what i see and know, my wireless is working pretty fine, it's creating networks, even detecting networks, don't really have a wireless network to which i'd know the password to so that i could check the actual connection, but what i want to do here is to create own network and share the internet on wireless from the internet that i'm using on my ethernet cable.