Thread: installing skype? please help?

Beans

Exclamation installing skype? please help?

hi
    so i downloaded skype by using this link...http://www.skype.com/intl/en/get-sky...omputer/linux/ once i download it, a new window comes up from the "ubuntu software centre" saying stuff about skype then a button saying "install" so i pressed it, and it starts to install but once it finishes, nothing happens? its not on my desktop or anywhere? it wont launch? please help me ?
    i would be most grateful if you could help
    amna

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: installing skype? please help?

Skype is in the repositories, make sure you have the Partners repository enabled in software sources, then use your preferred method of installing it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Definitely not in applications->Internet menu section?

Beans

Open your terminal and type skype in. alternatively its in the internet menu of the main menu. If its not there and runs from the terminal you can include it in those menus by right clicking the main menu icon, 'edit menus'. Then navigate to Internet menu and 'add new menu item'. Type in the information about skype, such as Name = Skype, command = skype, comment = internet phone. Add a cool icon to the icon button and browse from what you have or even download the skype icon from here : http://files.softicons.com/download/...ype%20Blue.png

All set.