Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: What games are people playing on Linux?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: What games are people playing on Linux?

For me, its NATIVE or nothing, i don't like messing with wine.

That said:

Humble Bundles, are darn worth it, i get my game time from most of those games, currently into "Snapshot" and "Offspring Fling".

FPS: Quake 3/4, Unreal 2004 Prey, and Warsow, Xonotic, though i don't seem to play much of those these days

Freeciv, Hedgewars, i love playing these with online pals.

I also recently purchased "7 Wonders: Magical Mystery Tour" (big fish games) from the app centre- good stuff.
    Last edited by Jakin; January 13th, 2013 at 03:36 AM.
    Toshiba Satellite L875-s7230 / A6 2.7ghz dual-core piledriver w/ ATI Radeon HD 7520G / 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 RAM / 500 GB Seagate Momentus XT formatted JFS. >Wifi Drivers for this machine< My Deviant Screenshots

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Red face Re: What games are people playing on Linux?

Oh yeah. Not native (running on wine), but I have been playing King of Dragon Pass ($5.99 on GOG.com) a lot as well. Kind of a cross between a turn-based strategy game and a Chhose Your Own Adventure book. Unlike anything else out there, and it recently became a moderate hit in the iStore (not that I own ANY Apple products...).

I drink my Ubuntu black, no sugar.
    Ubuntu user 28819

Beans

Okay, the game I am SO addicted to is MINECRAFT! You can get it at minecraft.net, but it isn't free. You can get it for Windows and Mac too! Even better, its avaivable for xBox and IOS. It is a blocky game where you have to survive monsters and you can craft and put down blocks and stuff. It is !!!

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

cave story plus is fun, sort of reminds me of zelda

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

My family and I tend to be casual gamers so we primarily play browswer-based games online using Flash, etc. I tend to play more traditional board, card, and puzzle games. My son really likes to play Canvas Rider and design new levels for it (this is a running theme).

For native games installed on Ubuntu we like:

1)X-Moto (my son likes to design new levels)
    2)Battle for Wesnoth
    3)Pychess
    4)Qgo (plays Go)
    5)Sudoku
    6)Super Tux (same reason as #1)
    7)Hearts

Are there other native games where it is easy for a kid to design new levels?
    Last edited by davesalyers; January 14th, 2013 at 08:39 PM.

Beans

I like to play Minecraft. I also enjoy Savage
    Last edited by Willpwn; January 14th, 2013 at 11:04 PM.

Beans

Talking Re: What games are people playing on Linux?

I noticed how so many posts here missed where you said "natively".

Although, one pretty cool game you should try is Dofus. I read up somewhere that the game runs natively on Linux, and last time I played(about6-4 years ago) it was pretty fun.

Another one is Frets on Fire. It's basically like Guitar Hero, except cooler and on fire!

A third game to recommend is Grid Wars, which in short is a clone of Geometry Wars.

Have fun Linux Gaming!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Not much because I am rather simple most of the time, but I play the old KQ (like Final Fantasy), Micropolis, Balazar and...well, that's it. I haven't had the chance to sit down and find some games, but I will be sure to check them out.

I wasn't disappointed when I first started on Linux and saw KQ, so I'm sure there are plenty of games that I will enjoy. (:

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Pony View Post
    A third game to recommend is Grid Wars, which in short is a clone of Geometry Wars.
    I could never get Grid Wars to run on Ubuntu 12.04...

Something abit similar to Geometry Wars though, "Scoregasm", is a fun one

As a side note: I have Geometry Wars on Steam... but we all know Bizarre Creations is defunct.... anyone think a slim-est chance it could still come to linux?..
    Toshiba Satellite L875-s7230 / A6 2.7ghz dual-core piledriver w/ ATI Radeon HD 7520G / 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 RAM / 500 GB Seagate Momentus XT formatted JFS. >Wifi Drivers for this machine< My Deviant Screenshots

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Recently, I played through Unity of Command, and it's DLC. Hardcore turn based strategy, but very accessible.
    Been trying to figure out Conquest of Elysium 3, and as always, playing Dungeon Crawl Stonesoup

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678