Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Libre office can't handle .rtf files? how lame is that?

Beans

Lightbulb Re: Libre office can't handle .rtf files? how lame is that?

Hello All,

I am also facing the same problem with rtf format. RTF file opens in libre office but scattered data.
    I dont want to change the format of the file.
    Please help me on this line.

I tried the rtf format using Open-Office but problem remained same. These formats were clearly seen in Microsoft Office.
    Then what may be the problem in open office and libre office

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by gshreya3; May 2nd, 2012 at 10:00 AM.

Beans

Re: Libre office can't handle .rtf files? how lame is that?

Please visit -
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rich_Text_Format

Let me know if there is any other solution for editing files other than rtf format.
    Please do th needful

Thanks in advance.

Beans

Faced the same problem and created bug report https://www.libreoffice.org/bugzilla...g.cgi?id=50775

So please confirm it there, for developer to see the confirmed bug.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

I have also had a number of problems with LibreOffice which do not seem to exist in OpenOffice, including handling of animated gifs in Impress, random loss of images (retaining only placeholder) and random crashes (though autorecovery has meant I have not lost a lot of work).

These problems make it difficult for me to recommend Ubuntu as a 'slot in' replacement for Windows machines and I am hoping that they will be fixed soon (though the gif issue has now been a known bug since LO version 3.4 and not been fixed). If not, can we have a less buggy Office suite as the default in 12.10 please?
    $> cd /pub
    $> more beer

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by timgood View Post
    I have also had a number of problems with LibreOffice which do not seem to exist in OpenOffice, including handling of animated gifs in Impress, random loss of images (retaining only placeholder) and random crashes (though autorecovery has meant I have not lost a lot of work).

These problems make it difficult for me to recommend Ubuntu as a 'slot in' replacement for Windows machines and I am hoping that they will be fixed soon (though the gif issue has now been a known bug since LO version 3.4 and not been fixed). If not, can we have a less buggy Office suite as the default in 12.10 please?

Did you created BugReports? If you will do it then we will have less buggy Office suite as the default in Ubuntu! It's simple to do and developers making bugfixes fast.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Yep. Most are known bugs, but I have submitted my own as well. Still nothing fixed. As far as fast bug repairs go: animated gif problem reported 8th November 2011 and still reported not fixed with most recent version, and developments. https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=42709
    Last edited by timgood; June 7th, 2012 at 11:21 AM.
    $> cd /pub
    $> more beer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12