Thread: gzip:/var/lib/apt/lists/partial/archive.canonical.com..... Hash Sum Mismatch

Beans

Exclamation gzip:/var/lib/apt/lists/partial/archive.canonical.com..... Hash Sum Mismatch

Update manager troubles me like this.... (Ubuntu 11.10, 32 bit)

W: Failed to fetch gzip:/var/lib/apt/lists/partial/archive.canonical.com_ubuntu_dists_oneiric_partner _binary-i386_Packages Hash Sum mismatch

W: Failed to fetch gzip:/var/lib/apt/lists/partial/archive.ubuntu.com_ubuntu_dists_oneiric-backports_universe_binary-i386_Packages Hash Sum mismatch

W: Failed to fetch gzip:/var/lib/apt/lists/partial/archive.ubuntu.com_ubuntu_dists_oneiric-security_universe_binary-i386_Packages Hash Sum mismatch

W: Failed to fetch gzip:/var/lib/apt/lists/partial/ppa.launchpad.net_bumblebee_stable_ubuntu_dists_on eiric_main_binary-i386_Packages Hash Sum mismatch

W: Failed to fetch http://ppa.launchpad.net/ferramrober...source/Sources 404 Not Found

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: gzip:/var/lib/apt/lists/partial/archive.canonical.com..... Hash Sum Mismatch

See Here
    There is no PPA Repository for oneiric,so you should disable it in your Software Sources.

W: Failed to fetch gzip:/var/lib/apt/lists/partial/archive.canonical.com_ubuntu_dists_oneiric_partner _binary-i386_Packages Hash Sum mismatch

W: Failed to fetch gzip:/var/lib/apt/lists/partial/archive.ubuntu.com_ubuntu_dists_oneiric-backports_universe_binary-i386_Packages Hash Sum mismatch

W: Failed to fetch gzip:/var/lib/apt/lists/partial/archive.ubuntu.com_ubuntu_dists_oneiric-security_universe_binary-i386_Packages Hash Sum mismatch

W: Failed to fetch gzip:/var/lib/apt/lists/partial/ppa.launchpad.net_bumblebee_stable_ubuntu_dists_on eiric_main_binary-i386_Packages Hash Sum mismatch
    Remove the files with
    Code:
    sudo rm -R /var/lib/apt/lists/partial/*
    then run
    Code:
    sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade
    and see if it fixes the problem.If you still get the "Hash Sum mismatch",try a different server.

Good Luck
    Hypertension = Take with a pinch of salt
    | Psychocats | Ubuntu Documentation | Howto [Solved] | BBcode list | Brother Website |

Beans

Talking Re: gzip:/var/lib/apt/lists/partial/archive.canonical.com..... Hash Sum Mismatch

Thank you, Its worked for me. Both solved and another major problem also solved.

My Update Manager was saying my system is not updated for last 23 days even though I was able to install all updates. That also solved and now indicates your system is up to date!!!!

Thanks again

Beans

Re: gzip:/var/lib/apt/lists/partial/archive.canonical.com..... Hash Sum Mismatch

I had the same problem.
    Changed the Download Server from Update Manager -> Ubuntu Software -> Download from ...

And then
    apt-get update
    and
    again reverted back to the previous Download Center.

Worked for me...

Beans

I'm completly new to Ubuntu and I don't know how to change the download server, can you explain how you did that because I tried running the commands

sudo rm -R /var/lib/apt/lists/partial/*

and

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade

but that didn't work for me.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

tbriggs707, you're much more likely to get help if you start a new thread in the Absolute Beginners forum. Give as many details as possible, including which version of Ubuntu you're using.